Found CSA Buckle Today

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Vol1266X and I got out this morning and went to one of our favorite hunting sites. We spent about 2 hours there and dug 9 pieces of canister shot. We left the site and drove back to his home town. When we arrived, we ate lunch at a new restaurant in town. While we were eating lunch, I saw a friend of mine that owns several rent houses. I walked over and talked to him and got permission to detect around his rental properties. After lunch I went back to work for about an hour and left to go home. I thought I would give a couple of houses a quick search and I am glad that I did. I found a few odds and ends such as an old button, a brass lock, and a couple of harmonica reeds. About 30 feet from the side of the house, I got a good signal registering silver on my MineLab and dug an eight inch plug. I checked the hole and still got a signal. I dug about 4 more inches out and the signal was still in the hole but it was registering just to the left of silver, so I was hoping for a large cent. So I dug about 4 more inches out of the hole and checked again. I got a strong signal from the dirt I had just pulled out of the hole. I brushed through the dirt and saw an "S" looking up at me. I thought I had just found a US buckle. I picked it up and turned it over and saw 3 hooks and realized it was rectangular and not oval. My hands started shaking and I turned it over, brushed a little more dirt off, and saw the "CSA." That was when I had to find a place to sit down. This is the first CSA buckle I have ever found. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSC01186.JPG
    DSC01186.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 5,727
  • dsc01189.jpg
    dsc01189.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 5,688
  • DSC01194.JPG
    DSC01194.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 5,734
  • DSC01195.JPG
    DSC01195.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 5,650
Upvote 7

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW..Banner man. Congrats on that priceless piece of History. You da man. :notworthy:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the find of a life time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!

ddjames

Aug 30, 2009
Rural Palmyra, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer, Whites V3i, Whites TRX pinpointer, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible. Congrats on the enviable find

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHOA! THAT IS ONE AWESOME RELIC! BANNER ALL THE WAY!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a beautiful one she is Dman ! I can only dream of that buckle way up north here ! And it would be a BANNER dream find ! MaineRelic

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BANNER NO QUESTION!!! Congrats that was fast and was well deserved! You dug the HOLY GRAIL today!! Looks like its an Atlanta style, but could be a Tennessee also. If you post a profile pic I could tell right away; just a TERRIFIC FIND! If its thick its an Atlanta.....if its thin than its a Tennessee, either way its the Holy Grail :notworthy: :wav: :wav: :wav: :occasion18: :occasion18: :occasion18: :occasion18: :occasion18: :occasion18: :occasion18: :occasion18: :occasion18: :occasion18: :occasion18: :occasion18: :occasion18: :occasion18:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the quick banner :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

A CSA plate is a relic hunters dream. :icon_thumright:

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice recovery and congrats on your first CSA buckle......BANNER

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First of all, I say BANNER!! but that's not all. In the 5 years you have been relic hunting with me, you have endured bitter cold, rain, sleet, snow, and heat and never complained. You have made many scouting trips with me with no productive results and never complained. When I dug the Tennessee Veteran's State Pin that day in 2008, you congratulated me and shared in the moment. When Josh dug the breatplate last spring and the U.S. plate this summer, you praised him. When you missed the trip 2 weeks ago when I dug the A.V.C. button, you were glad for me. Even this week when I dug the 1830 half dime (and I know how you love old coins), you congratulated me.
NOBODY deserves this "holy grail" of Civil War Relic Hunting more than you. Enjoy the day. My only regret is that I was not there to see you dig it. Congratulations on a beautiful lifetime recovery from your own county Doug. Quindy.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dman,
You are D-MAN!!!!! :hello2: Holy smokes what a fantastic buckle!!!!!!!!!! You lucky dog you.
Congrats on a BANNER CW recovery. Amazing condition too. I'm drooling. :tongue3:
Couldn't have happened to a better guy. :occasion14:
-Doug-

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Great Banner find HH Chug

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
First of all, I say BANNER!! but that's not all. In the 5 years you have been relic hunting with me, you have endured bitter cold, rain, sleet, snow, and heat and never complained. You have made many scouting trips with me with no productive results and never complained. When I dug the Tennessee Veteran's State Pin that day in 2008, you congratulated me and shared in the moment. When Josh dug the breatplate last spring and the U.S. plate this summer, you praised him. When you missed the trip 2 weeks ago when I dug the A.V.C. button, you were glad for me. Even this week when I dug the 1830 half dime (and I know how you love old coins), you congratulated me.
NOBODY deserves this "holy grail" of Civil War Relic Hunting more than you. Enjoy the day. My only regret is that I was not there to see you dig it. Congratulations on a beautiful lifetine recovery from your own county Doug. Quindy.
SEE Doug! He really, really does love you! :D :-*

What a great find my friend. :hello2: :headbang: I don't think most people here fathom how great a find this actually is.
Congratulations on the awesome recovery. That buckle will display beautifully! :notworthy:

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your find,Looks good up top, :thumbsup: ....HH Soup

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread