Seated Silver and Buttons

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my finds from my last hunt. Jeff and I ended up getting some good finds from this property including the Seated and the Virginia Halfpenny that he found, in addition to a nice variety of buttons.

Here's the Pics:

1856 Seated Dime

My Pictures 397ed.jpg

MD Pics 1004.jpg

One Piece Navy Eagle w/ Shank on Face (Jeff and I both got one of these)

MD Pics 1006.jpg

Old Pewter Flower Button/ with Very BIG Shank (Fleur-de-Leise on the back)

MD Pics 1008.jpg

MD Pics 1010.jpg

Hammond Turner & Sons. John Bowen

MD Pics 1014.jpg

Eagle "A's"
MD Pics 1017.jpg

MD Pics 1024.jpg

MD Pics 1025.jpg

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!! from Lt. Joshua "Sentinel" Owen (Observing the movements in and about the Halloween Party ;D)

MD Pics 1022.jpg

Attachments

• My Pictures 397ed.jpg
    My Pictures 397ed.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 844
Upvote 0

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys make it look easy. Thats strange how the shank is on the front of the eagle one piece.

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Nice historic save there . Qn the entire hunt sweet.Those days are few and far between very nice :coffee2:Rob

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very Nice Josh!!! Like that seated. I'm interested in those buttons with the shanks on the front that you and Jeff both recovered there. I assume they were manufacturing errors??? HH, Quindy.

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Buttons are good and so is any seated.
The costume is stellar! You look so serious.

U

umrgolf

Nice costume :laughing7: :headbang: That little area produced a couple nice seated for us.. This week should be fun :wink:

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf2010 said:
Nice costume :laughing7: :headbang: That little area produced a couple nice seated for us.. This week should be fun :wink:

Yes it did, Yes it should :wink: Yes I'm quite partial to that uniform. It's a complete regulation issue reproduction and I've used it in movies, plays, and reenacting......I haven't gotten to wear it in awhile and felt good to don the gray again! :) 8) :wink:

U

umrgolf

{Sentinel} said:
umrgolf2010 said:

Yes it did, Yes it should :wink: Yes I'm quite partial to that uniform. It's a complete regulation issue reproduction and I've used it in movies, plays, and reenacting......I haven't gotten to wear it in awhile and felt good to don the gray again! :) 8) :wink:

I need that Georgia belt buckle :laughing9: :headbang: :wink: :wink: off to work, catch up with u tomorrow

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nice bunch of buttons. Congrats on the seated dime.
Dman

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great bunch of buttons Josh, WTG! :hello2: Dont ya just love the oddball buttons and old pewter buttons!! I see your catching up with me on the seated count too!!! Nice coin !!!!

Love the uniform!!!!! Which movies? I was in a movie also back in 92'

Larry

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ironman! said:
What a great bunch of buttons Josh, WTG! :hello2: Dont ya just love the oddball buttons and old pewter buttons!! I see your catching up with me on the seated count too!!! Nice coin !!!!

Love the uniform!!!!! Which movies? I was in a movie also back in 92'

Larry

Well the biggest that most people would probably know was Gods and Generals (the prequel to Gettysburg). Also in April 1865 (History Channel), The Civil War in Hampton Roads (PBS), The Bloody Angle (Independent Movie), and also in "The Contraband Slave Camps" a very big regional play on Union General Butler's interactions with the Confederates here in Virginia.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Josh,
If I walked up on you dressed like that for Halloween I'd throw my bag of candy at you and run like h-ll!!! :o :laughing9:
Excellent haul on the buttons. Most people (like me) are happy scoring just one. I'd soil myself if I found that many. :thumbsup:
That eagle button with shank on the front is a super find indeed.
I've never seen a Hammond Turner & Sons back mark, but here's some info for you.
A big congrats Joshmeister! :occasion14:
-Doug-

Attachments

• MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 647

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice digs, brother. Keep hitting that VA turf hard for those Colonial goodies. Take care and see you on the boards! That Halloween picture is classic. :icon_thumleft: :laughing9:

Kirk :hello:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool button with the shank on the front, never seen one like that before.
Congrat's on the seated as well :icon_thumright:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Josh! Would love to know whats up with the shank on those buttons? :icon_scratch: Keep up the good work. Best of luck to you for the rest of the fall. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread