Im in the 1800s

emesis

Mar 12, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the 1800's

This hobby is amazing. A total of about 20 hours of detecting in 4 months and I've yielded about 70.00 bucks in clad, three silver rings, four silver coins , some strange tokens (nothing spectacular) ,and the usual junk. Today I'm out trying for some gas money at a local school yard(very new) and i found a 1 euro coin. 5 minutes later, I get a dime signal with my prism 5 at about 3 inches and out pops a coin I could not read. When I got home and cleaned it , the date says 1864.Now i'm really stoked and was hoping it was American. It was a 2cent piece in fair condition. I was beside myself. I'm amazed at what you can find at almost any spot and I cannot wait for my next hunt. Coins that should not be there, the euro, and coins like 2 cent piece which was in a playground which was new just blows me away. What riches are out there waiting to be found? I have no pics because my daughter has not showed me how to down load them. But I will. my wife was more impressed with the euro.... go figure. Reading about everybodies finds are almost as much fun as finding them myself... so thanx for sharing all the things. By the way I,m still looking for someone to hunt with in south east ct... so please contact me.

Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'm in the 1800's

Congrats on that 1864 2 cent piece! I recently found an 1865 and 1882 Indian Head Pennies in a modern soccer field. Keep hunting there... that fill dirt that they brought in must have come from somehwere old!

Keep it up and good luck!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

awesome! could have been moved there in fill dirt like bscofield6 said, or some kid could have brought it for show and tell and lost it, or it could have been there for 100 years or more! you never know what you will find at a school!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Welcome to the forum, Pfired. A two-center is a great find. Be careful cleaning it...I ruined one last year. :(

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.

Welcome To The Forum, Congrats On The Nice Finds. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 116.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 116.gif
    55.2 KB · Views: 392
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 116.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 116.gif
    55.2 KB · Views: 387

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello, i found my first euro today too...congrats on the 2 cent....better title might have been "two cents in the same hole" :)

-GC

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

congrats and looking forward for more posts.

tinpan

Illinois Jeff

Feb 12, 2006
Hanover Park Illinois
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

it just goes to show that it really doesnt matter where you look, it is sometimes how you search as well. Even areas you think are "cleaned out" may yield yet more goodies. I was shocked at the finds just from my own property until i researched and found the area i am in has a ton of old history. You have just scratched the surface as to what is waiting to be found. Good luck and nice finds!!

S

southbound

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the nice finds!!!
Vern

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread