Had a Blast out Between the Rows Today...Plus a Visitor with Dog in Tow..

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First off HaPpY HaLLoWeeN Fellow Hunters... ;D

I was up and at'em early this morning,got all my gear squared away (so I thought,more on that in a bit) and decided to do some last minute research while I waited on my hunting bud Matt..I came across an old home site on the backside of a field we have previously hunted,not quite sure how I missed that one :icon_scratch:,anyhow I made a call to the owner and sure enough it was a go,When he arrived we chatted for a bit and discussed some recent finds and the location we were headed to,loaded up and were off on the hunt..

We had been hunting for a bit when I found my first keeper,decent shape Eagle "I" with a Waterbury Button Co backmark..I give a shout over to Matt and show him the button,I decide since it was my first Eagle "I" a insitu pic was in order,so back to the truck and fetch the camera,I clicked off a shot of Matt in the field as I am heading back.
DSC00896.JPG
Then headed for my hole
As I bent down to take a closeup of the button,no clicking sound,screen says battery depleted :laughing7: (knew I forgot something) :laughing7:

Shortly before we had to call it a day,we had a couple visitors,a neighbor and his somewhat mean little schnauzer,had a little chat about the site and got off on the subject of meteors and rocks :dontknow: two subjects I know little to nothing about,he wondered if he could use a metal detector to locate the rocks he had been hunting lately and ask if we could scan them with our machines for him,said sure so he leaves and returns shortly with them,I must admit I felt a bit silly scanning rocks,but we discovered only one of the six he had was slightly conductive,so he got his answer,and I did my good deed for the day,they were some really interesting rocks,and wish I could of got a pic of them and the mean little dog :dog:...

I did score a few other keepers and you will find them below,Matt found another first and some nice relics also,but will let him post them up,was a nice day and enjoyed the time out in the field :thumbsup:.HH all Scott

Eagle "I" Waterbury Button Co.
DSC00902.JPG

Pottery Chard's and Bottle Fragments
DSC00898.JPG

Pewter Whistle (thanks CRUSADER) :thumbsup:)
DSC00904.JPG

Silver Plated Medallion
DSC00905.JPG

Token
DSC00910.JPG
DSC00920.JPG

Buckles and Bookmarks and other Goodies
DSC00918.JPG
DSC00917.JPG

Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

Nice post Soupie :icon_thumleft: Nice eagle I as well :headbang: a couple of the suspender buckles look to be from the same period too

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the end of a pewter whistle - a very old one :wink: :icon_thumright:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sweet button! that'll look nice alongside your buckle! looks like a great field!

mattw

Mar 31, 2009
Homer, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000 & Classic ID
Way to go on the button, she cleaned up well. Better shape than mine, by far. Wish my Large had done that well... Did get part of a date, peroxide kinda did it. If wet, with a very strong side light, I can make out 179. Can also read STA and ICA and NE. Bummer.

But it was a good day!

Later buddy.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice I button!!! MR TUFF

OP
OP
S

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the comments everyone :thumbsup: Scott