Should I stay or should I go..........

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
I spent yesterday afternoon in a small town park not too far from home. I got there at about 11:00 and hit an area just off the parking lot, I had the '47 and '57 Rosies and the '43 Merc in my pocket within the first 20 minutes. About a half hour later people started showing up to use the shelter there so I had to move on. As I worked my way down the gravel driveway to distance myself a bit I dug the '64d Washington. I worked another area of the park and was getting alot of wheats when I figured I would try an area where a tennis court had been removed. It looked as if they might have dug too deep when removing the concrete but I gave it a shot anyway and right out in the middle I got a shallow quarter hit and dug the '97 Barber quarter. I worked the area around the tennis court for a while and in the meantime I aquired a friend and his dog. Don't get me wrong, I like kids and I have found that if you just ignore them they usually go away. Not this kid, he hung around for 2 hours and his dog which was on a 6 foot chain would dig out all my plugs. After refilling a couple he tried to keep the dog back. I can't believe I found the '07 V nickel during all that. After 2 and a half hours of the kid asking questions and the dog running back and forth and that DAMN CHAIN I had enough and left. I went back this morning to see if I could get some more silver and hopefully get in some hunting without that kid around. It was cold and a bit uncomfortable but I got the '29 SLQ after about an hour into it. That kind of helps forget about the cold. So I'm going along and I look up and here he comes and I'm like oooh nooo, is this a halloween joke or what. I found out that he lives right next to the park. Let me tell you this kid is a good candidate for Ritalin!! He was grabbing dirt out of my plugs and everything and I was polite and asked him to stay back. I tried to totally ignore him like he wasn't even there and it wouldn't work he just kept talking, talking, talking. At least he didn't have his dog this time and when I asked him to give me a little room to swing my coil he stayed back a bit. I got a good hit and not thinking much about it I dug the '18s Walker in front of the kid. What a mistake, he left and I let out a sigh of relief. I dug the '37 Merc shortly after that and when I looked up again he's coming across the park with a shovel, I shut off my detector and got in my truck and left. I will be going back but it will be on a week day during school hours. Thanks for looking and HH
Deano
piersonsat.jpg

piersonsun.jpg

Upvote 0

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was his name, Plehbah by chance?
An early, (or any for that matter) Walking, a Standing with a date, Barber, Mercs, etc.,
is a day I haven't done in a long, long time.
Kudos.
Carl

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. Lets hope he is not home schooled.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread