the final countdown (gold broach)
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jan 2005
    Choctaw Beach Florida
    Equinox 800 and 600, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
    1515 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (3)

the final countdown (gold broach)

I am flying out in a couple of days so this weekend was my last chance to get to the beach . I hunted 4 tide cycles and found gold on 3 of the 4. I found my first gold broach (18k) 2 18k rings and 3 14k rings . It has been a fun ride hunting over here but it is time to roll out .

At one point I had 4 small kids hanging on my heels and I could not shake them off. They were standing so close that I could not digand they would jump in and out of my holes while I was digging. It was my fault for handing one of them a coin that I dug and then she went and told her friends . I gave them all a couple of coins and then tried to ignore them. I have 3 small children myself and it is hard stay mad at them for long. These kids did not speak English and I speak very little Korean so my final escape was to throw a hand full of change up in the air and take off to the other side of the beach while the kids were looking for the loot. I saw the kids looking for me but I had escaped. Good fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0143.JPG 
Views:	509 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	467774   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0144.JPG 
Views:	513 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	467775   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0145.JPG 
Views:	512 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	467776   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0146.JPG 
Views:	501 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	467777  
    God and country.

us
    Apr 2010
    NC
    Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
    28 times

Re: the final countdown

Sweet finds No beaches where you are going 'eh?
    "There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure" Mark Twain"

us
    Jan 2005
    Choctaw Beach Florida
    Equinox 800 and 600, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
    1515 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (3)

Re: the final countdown

I will be only about 2 hours away from the outter banks. I plan on making it out there when ever I can but I will stay pretty booked up with work and family stuff. I am looking foward to finding some old silver in this next year.
    God and country.

Apr 2008
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    White's XLT, Tesoro Lobo, Tesoro Golden microMax
    8 times

Re: the final countdown (gold broach)

i have the same kid problem nearly every time I hunt. I always wonder what kind of parent doesn't care that their kids are gone from their site for so long. Anyway, the little farts notice I am finding coins, and that's all it takes. What really bugs me is when they hear a beep and jump down in front of my detector to try and beat me to my prize. That happened on the day I found my best find, a diamond ring. Believe it or not, the kid dug it up and then when i wasn't money he said it was mine. It would have been mine even if I had to beat up a kid to get it.
    Work is for people who don't know how to metal detect.

us
    ray.b

Jun 2010
    Middle,Tennessee
    Detectors used: Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Ace 250,Garrett Treasure-Ace 200(retired) with Garrett PRO-POINTER
    3 times

Awesome finds Congratulations
    TTH

us
    Feb 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    White's DFX Fisher CZ-21
    4 times

Great story on the kids and the finds are tremendous, nice job and congrats!
    "Just remember, when the silver coins won't come up, you can't stop em!"  Revised YOGI-ism

us
    URBAN DISCOVERY !

Nov 2004
    NC
    WHITES DFX, TESORO
    47 times

Quote Originally Posted by birdman
    I am flying out in a couple of days so this weekend was my last chance to get to the beach . I hunted 4 tide cycles and found gold on 3 of the 4. I found my first gold broach (18k) 2 18k rings and 3 14k rings . It has been a fun ride hunting over here but it is time to roll out .

At one point I had 4 small kids hanging on my heels and I could not shake them off. They were standing so close that I could not digand they would jump in and out of my holes while I was digging. It was my fault for handing one of them a coin that I dug and then she went and told her friends . I gave them all a couple of coins and then tried to ignore them. I have 3 small children myself and it is hard stay mad at them for long. These kids did not speak English and I speak very little Korean so my final escape was to through a hand full of change up in the air and take off to the other side of the beach while the kids were looking for the loot. I saw the kids looking for me but I had escaped. Good fun.
    Long ago I found a solution to this problem on the beach...
    Look for a clear open area of dry sand and throw a coin over there and watch it disapear and watch the kids run to find it... gets them away from you and it vanishes under the sand so that when you leave later you go back over there with your machine and dig your coin back up again... ha ha ha
    URBAN DISCOVERY !
    DISCOVERING, RECOVERING, PRESERVING AMERICAN AND WORLD TREASURES ONE PIECE AT A TIME

us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    133 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Time to roll out he says!

Nice finds buddy

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links