Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am flying out in a couple of days so this weekend was my last chance to get to the beach . I hunted 4 tide cycles and found gold on 3 of the 4. I found my first gold broach (18k) 2 18k rings and 3 14k rings . It has been a fun ride hunting over here but it is time to roll out .

At one point I had 4 small kids hanging on my heels and I could not shake them off. They were standing so close that I could not digand they would jump in and out of my holes while I was digging. It was my fault for handing one of them a coin that I dug and then she went and told her friends . I gave them all a couple of coins and then tried to ignore them. I have 3 small children myself and it is hard stay mad at them for long. These kids did not speak English and I speak very little Korean so my final escape was to throw a hand full of change up in the air and take off to the other side of the beach while the kids were looking for the loot. :laughing7: I saw the kids looking for me but I had escaped. Good fun. :icon_pirat:

Attachments

• SANY0143.JPG
    SANY0143.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 533
  • SANY0144.JPG
    SANY0144.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 538
  • SANY0145.JPG
    SANY0145.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 536
  • SANY0146.JPG
    SANY0146.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 528
Upvote 0

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: the final countdown

Sweet finds :hello2: No beaches where you are going 'eh?

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: the final countdown

I will be only about 2 hours away from the outter banks. I plan on making it out there when ever I can but I will stay pretty booked up with work and family stuff. I am looking foward to finding some old silver in this next year. :headbang:

Daddio53

Apr 5, 2008
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Tesoro Lobo, Tesoro Golden microMax
i have the same kid problem nearly every time I hunt. I always wonder what kind of parent doesn't care that their kids are gone from their site for so long. Anyway, the little farts notice I am finding coins, and that's all it takes. What really bugs me is when they hear a beep and jump down in front of my detector to try and beat me to my prize. That happened on the day I found my best find, a diamond ring. Believe it or not, the kid dug it up and then when i wasn't money he said it was mine. It would have been mine even if I had to beat up a kid to get it.

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
Great story on the kids and the finds are tremendous, nice job and congrats!

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
birdman said:
I am flying out in a couple of days so this weekend was my last chance to get to the beach . I hunted 4 tide cycles and found gold on 3 of the 4. I found my first gold broach (18k) 2 18k rings and 3 14k rings . It has been a fun ride hunting over here but it is time to roll out .

At one point I had 4 small kids hanging on my heels and I could not shake them off. They were standing so close that I could not digand they would jump in and out of my holes while I was digging. It was my fault for handing one of them a coin that I dug and then she went and told her friends . I gave them all a couple of coins and then tried to ignore them. I have 3 small children myself and it is hard stay mad at them for long. These kids did not speak English and I speak very little Korean so my final escape was to through a hand full of change up in the air and take off to the other side of the beach while the kids were looking for the loot. :laughing7: I saw the kids looking for me but I had escaped. Good fun. :icon_pirat:

Long ago I found a solution to this problem on the beach...
Look for a clear open area of dry sand and throw a coin over there and watch it disapear and watch the kids run to find it... gets them away from you and it vanishes under the sand so that when you leave later you go back over there with your machine and dig your coin back up again... ha ha ha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread