Highlights with new Etrac

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was concerned that I was wasting my money on the Etrac since I am very happy with my 705 but I am now convinced it is a far superior machine since the bulk of these finds were at places I'd already scoured with the 705. Still not completely confident in my use of it but working on it. Here is the highlights of what I have found since I got it, minus two silver quarters and a '51 half dollar that seem to have disappeared.

"Today's Finds" in the picture would be the two small silver rings, the 1913 barber, a merc and two rosy dimes along with 29 wheats, all from two small yards. Was having a blast!
I think I may be happy with the Etrac

Attachments

• 100_1630.jpg
    100_1630.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 484
Upvote 0

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Very nice!!! Looks like you and the E are going to get along just fine! I've been giving serious consideration to adding a ML to the stable, just not sure I want to take the gamble on the customer service of the "new" Minelab yet.

Congrats!!

Dave

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds!!! MINELAB ROCK!! MR TUFF

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
OH YEAH ~ nice going man! The eTrac is AWESOME!!!

Last July I took my eTrac with me on vacation to eastern Idaho. There's a park that I dug a few goodies out of several years back with my White's XLT. In less than 5 hours I dug a 1912 Barber half, 1944 Washington quarter, 10 merc dimes dating from 1917 to 1945, 3 silver Rosie dimes, 3 War nickels, 25+ wheat cents, and a 1890 Indian Head Cent!

THANKS MINELAB!

8^)

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice silvers .... congrats for the new etrac ! :thumbsup:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the Etrac is treating you good. :icon_thumleft:

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you about the Etrac. I still have my Xterra 70 (and really like it), but it never gets turned on anymore since the Etrac is so much better in trashy sites. My experience was similar, couldn't see anything for the trash until I went back with an Etrac. I was suddenly pulling silver and wheaties from areas that were constant nulls on the Xterra.

I even pulled my one and only Indian head cent from a hole with 3 square nails in it. The Xterra wouldn't have seen it.

Happy hunting and I hope all your sites are as good at giving up silver.

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on all of those nickels :thumbsup:
I've never dug a Shiney Buffalo, mine are always found red.

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
Go Etrac :headbang:. How did you get that Buffalo so clean??

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I know I love going to "hunted out" sites, and pick up that, that was left behind

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions