Made a nice find in the mailbox today.

PhilB

Apr 3, 2009
East central Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Minelab Musketeer, MXT, Spectra V3. Tesoro Compadre and Pocket Uniprobe
Last week I found a pair of glasses lost by a hunter setting up a deer stand in a woods. He tried to pay me but I told him a "thank you" was enough. Today, I got a nice "thank you" card with a gift card from Red Lobster inside. My wife was thrilled! :laughing9: I called to thank him and his wife told me I saved them $400 for a new pair of glasses. There's no better feeling than when you can return something the owner has given up as lost forever. I always refuse to take money but I do get a lot of permissions to hunt old sites. ;D

Upvote 0

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
PhilB said:
Last week I found a pair of glasses lost by a hunter setting up a deer stand in a woods. He tried to pay me but I told him a "thank you" was enough. Today, I got a nice "thank you" card with a gift card from Red Lobster inside. My wife was thrilled! :laughing9: I called to thank him and his wife told me I saved them $400 for a new pair of glasses. There's no better feeling than when you can return something the owner has given up as lost forever. I always refuse to take money but I do get a lot of permissions to hunt old sites. ;D

That is so nice ! Don't you love it when you do the right thing and you get a nice thank you in return when you're not even expecting it ? =)

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a very nice thing you did. Way to go!!! This post should be in the honorable mention section.

DANGLANGLEY

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:notworthy: :thumbsup: :headbang: you've a good heart there little brother.

Syrena Hunter

Nov 30, 2004
Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Minelab Excalibur-800
Cobra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good going, you make us proud! Your returns will be multiplied!! :icon_thumright:

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Phil :icon_thumleft: I know the feeling of "lost my glasses" very well - nice going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread