Tiny house built into the rocks.

cryptic

Oct 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Found this today. It is built right into the rock. The door is about 4 feet high. The roof is level with the rest of the ground around it. Looked inside a bit but didnt see much. Lots of sand and starting to collapse. Strange thing to find in the bush. Bottle dumps are in the area. Might have been a storage shed.. Just wanted to share and thanks for looking :)

Attachments

• IMG00268-20101104-1310.jpg
    IMG00268-20101104-1310.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG00269-20101104-1310.jpg
    IMG00269-20101104-1310.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 578
Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like something used for storage, like produce and such, the walls would keep things inside cool!!!! Awesome find, and I agree, start detecting, make sure to share pics!!!! HH chug and red

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro
Get the detector out and a screen for the dump! Sounds like a good place to me.

lidigger

Sep 4, 2010
Savannah, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, White's BeachHunter 300, White's Prizm IV, White's Bullseye II Pointer (x2)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's a hobbit's house. They like all sorts of nice things. Get out your detector and tell us what you find.

Chris / LI Digger

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KOOTNEY KID said:
The site is a treasure all of its own,great find and good luck working it....................K.KID. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Yeah, where the heck is the detector ? Any other structures around near by ? Man if someone lived there, must have been a miner, or in hiding.

OP
OP
C

cryptic

Oct 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had left the detector in the truck today and only walked in with a shovel to do some "poking around". It was raining/snowing outside and a fairly miserable day but finding this little building made it all worthwhile. I can't wait to go back with the detector and a better camera to see if there are any treasures in the area. I am also curious to know what might be in the building itself. The pics I took were with my cellphone and I was in a hurry due to lack of light. I would have taken more but knew I would be back to the area soon enough to fully investigate this mysterious building.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread