Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to my local soccer park this morning. The first target looked solid, so, I dug a plug and pulled it. Ran the ol' F75 over the plug......nada........over the hole.....solid target! I dug a little more and put the Garrett in the hole.....I'm close!! Moved a little dirt and in the darkness of an 8" hole I see unmistakable ring shaped gold....and it is big!! The heart is pumping now! Reached in the loose dirt of the hole and I could feel the ring! Then, I pulled this out:

6hr1.jpg

What a let down, but, it is a big gold "colored" ring!

6hr2.jpg

Here is my take for a 6hr effort......17 quarters, 5 nickels, 10 pennies, 21 dimes, a hairclip and the "gold" ring:

6hr3.jpg

Nothing old, no silver, no copper......just 53 coins. But, I was detecting and that made everything worthwhile! Hope you do better.......HH to all and thanks for looking in!

Upvote 0

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro
Looks like a tarp grommet. It's a letdown that I know well. Like finding a cheap ring. Keep searching, 1 will turn up! HH

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
I've had days like that. I once found a coin that had an eagle on the back. I got excited because I thought it was old. It turned out to be a token that said "Just Say NO to Drugs" on it.

At least you found some clad worth keeping.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a #1 size collar for an oil lamp . . . the part the burner screws into.

OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a grommet, it is threaded inside........but, it seems to be anodized aluminum. Unless it is some modern day reproduction of an oil lamp, I don't think they were using aluminum, were they? Whatever it is, I kept it as a reminder, ;D.

My wife is having her right knee replaced in the morning, have to be at the hospital at 5am, ugh!! It looks like the hunting will come to a close for a while as I will be playing nurse and coaching her rehab, but, in the words of Arnie.....I WILL be back. I am really hooked on this hobby! Still kicking myself in the butt for not starting it many years ago. >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread