New Site Produces Multiple Silvers

Digger62918

Sep 28, 2009
Carterville, IL.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro , Fisher CZ-20 , Minelab Explorer SE
I got a call from a detecting buddy of mine the other day and asked if I wanted to hit a new site with him. The site dates from the late 1950's to around 1970's, perfect for silver! We met up with another buddy of ours and the three of us headed out to the site. With in minutes we started digging wheat cents....things were looking good! After about the first hour of hunting we all had a pouch full of pennies and silver. We made two trips to the site and with in 24 hours we dug 27 silver coins between the three of us and a load of wheats. We hit it pretty hard, but I'm sure there are lots more goodies there. In total I dug 12 silvers from the site and 32 wheat pennies. :icon_thumright: Sites like this will get you spoiled!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 757
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 765
  • 1 copy.jpg
    1 copy.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 753
Upvote 0

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats and I would say thats a nice place to hunt.

wyat

Jan 3, 2008
Gibson City
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo supertraq,Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great start to a new site! Hopefully winter wont come too
soon here and you can keep diggin'm up!

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Nice load you got there bud...

Jealous ;)

Keep the goodies comin'!!

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Congrats!!!

I'm glad I got to go. Sites that this will definitely spoil a guy!!! LOL!!! There were times it almost felt like a "planted hunt" LOL!!! we should get all the coins in a group shot and let you add it to this post!!

I am going to check out that "secret spot" I told you about and hit it for about thirty minutes or so just to see if it has potential before you guys drive all the way to it. If I find anything I'll stop and wait until you guys can get here and we'll tear it up!!!

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Great Site and congrats on all the silver... Look forward to seeing more posted.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spoiled, yeah, you'd have to drag me away from there. 12 silver in 2 days, might be tough tp beat that.

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice silvers ..... congrats ! :thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Puts the totals up, congrat's on the hunts. :icon_thumright:

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a dream site! Whoever did the research deserves a pat on the back (or maybe a cold one!).

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
"The Club" is nice Art!! we have maid service, a fully stocked bar(all free of course) A stretched limo that takes us to the sites, We have a staff of researchers that find our sites for us, and sends us the gps positions where every silver coin is on the site!!!
we each have our own "caddy" to carry our gear and dig our coins for us!! all we have to do is swing the machine and we find all the silver!!! Just kidding LOL!!!!

All kidding aside, are you still coming up this weekend? if not when? text me or call me you still have my number?

Attachments

• Copy of 08-07-09 #1.jpg
    Copy of 08-07-09 #1.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 396

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
tommyboy72 said:
"The Club" is nice Art!! we have maid service, a fully stocked bar(all free of course) A stretched limo that takes us to the sites, We have a staff of researchers that find our sites for us, and sends us the gps positions where every silver coin is on the site!!!
we each have our own "caddy" to carry our gear and dig our coins for us!! all we have to do is swing the machine and we find all the silver!!! Just kidding LOL!!!!

All kidding aside, are you still coming up this weekend? if not when? text me or call me you still have my number?

WHAT!!!!!!

Attachments

409 KB · Views: 379
    409 KB · Views: 380

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
You can not tell me there wasn't descussion of a keg and flashlights. wow you bet . Would have hit the nearest Gander Mountain store got miners hat lites . nice research and hell of a hunt. rob :coffee2:

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Nice silver,reminds me of the old days.

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
underdogger said:
You can not tell me there wasn't descussion of a keg and flashlights. wow you bet . Would have hit the nearest Gander Mountain store got miners hat lites . nice research and hell of a hunt. rob :coffee2:

I got me a nice little headlight.. I wore it all weekend at the deerlease haha !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions