First Beach attempt oceanside California

SGVALLEYMAN

Aug 16, 2010
San Gabriel/Los angeles Calif.
Detector(s) used
tracker iv
After reading some discussions regarding Moderately priced detectors for beginners( Mine included)..and asking for some Beach tips from some of the nice People here..I hit the beach @oceanside calif for my very first beach session.

Taking heed to some of the advice from more experienced MD'rs....I hit the beach at low tide and found several items.
Some a few inches down, and others just peeking from under the sand.. and even one dare I say...... laying directly on top of the sand held in place by just a little sand (5.00 bill).
all in all, I had a blast,cleaned the beach and came away with some beautiful photos.
thanks for looking.

Scott

Attachments

• Oceanside nov 2010 039.jpg
    Oceanside nov 2010 039.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,172
  • Oceanside nov 2010 040.jpg
    Oceanside nov 2010 040.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,055
  • Oceanside nov 2010 049.jpg
    Oceanside nov 2010 049.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,062
  • Oceanside nov 2010 052.jpg
    Oceanside nov 2010 052.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,084
Upvote 0

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Just what is that yellow Zig Zag thing. ;D

After all it's the flower that turns the weed in the mind.

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey that is a pack of zig zags and a fisher price hypodermic needle right above the 5 dollar bill... :dontknow: :dontknow: that sunset is priceless.... nice pictures....

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting finds there Scott and these are just the beginning! :icon_thumright:
This piece has me stumped though . . . looks pretty ancient to me? :icon_scratch:

Any thoughts? :wink:

Dave

Attachments

• fork.jpg
    fork.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 1,167

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
Ha, you said it all Scott, "fun" and take a mean photo I may add...beautiful! Outstanding day :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
SGVALLEYMAN

SGVALLEYMAN

Aug 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
tracker iv
Thank you all for the nice comments...I truly enjoy my detector and getting out there...regardless of what I find..I come away with a new appreciation for being outdoors...and yes I am saving that 5.00 bill as part of my finds for the year..

Happy hunting to you all !
Scott

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
is that the new Kellyco scoop, that's valued at 99.95 but they'll give it to you free if you buy a sandshark :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The rain has stopped so you should have the beach to yourself.
You might also try S. of the pier and S. of where the beach road ends-next to the rocks where the sunbathing families and partygoers linger--watch for the incoming tide or use an underwater MD.
Don.....

Potter Poker

Jan 29, 2007
Potter County, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hey Scott, good job on cleaning up those Western beaches. Keep posting pics of your finds. Especially through this winter when us guys up here in the north eastern woods will be snowed in. :hello2:

DirtMan1

Jul 30, 2010
Hail, I ALWAYS like findin' the PAPER money ;D ;D Shoot yeah, could stop by the store and get a cold one with that! :laughing7: :laughing7:

OP
OP
SGVALLEYMAN

SGVALLEYMAN

Aug 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
tracker iv
Mackaydon said:
The rain has stopped so you should have the beach to yourself.
You might also try S. of the pier and S. of where the beach road ends-next to the rocks where the sunbathing families and partygoers linger--watch for the incoming tide or use an underwater MD.
Don.....

Thanks don..good advice!

skylarking1970

Feb 17, 2009
Kent Read, Kent Write, Kent State!!!!!! Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum
Hi. I use to hunt Huntington Beach and Newport Beach years ago. It's a science hitting the beach at the right time. I used a Whites Pi. Thought it was a good machine, you can always buy one, and resell it to get most of your money back. I would usually search at low tide during, or just after a storm. It churns up all the stuff. I would find Mercury dimes at Newport that have been out there for years. Areas that I would search would be just past the cut and into the water when the waves were out. The cut is when you walk to the water and there is a drop off almost like a step. I've seen the cut over 4 feet in Newport after a good storm! I had to jump down from the beach above to get down to the beach below where the water was. If a I didn't get a lot of hits at a beach, I would go to another one. There are so many factors involved to what may might make a certain area on a beach a good one. The one thing that I can tell you, is that if you find a beach that is producing hits, STICK WITH IT! One time at Newport, it was during a storm, it was cold (50's) and miserable. But I was getting some good hits (mostly coins) and really wanted to go, but since I was getting hits, I stuck it out. I walked away with 3 gold rings that day. There will be a lot more days where you don't get much, but when you finally find that beach that is producing, it's like being in Vegas and being on a winning streak at blackjack. It makes it worth it!
Good Luck!

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Congradulaton on your recent finds. Hope you Score some Gold and Silver soon-goldnugget-Charlotte,N.C.

Attachments

• Treasure Hunter Prospector Clay.jpg
    Treasure Hunter Prospector Clay.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 416
  • Treasure Hunter Prospector 1 Sm Pic.jpg
    Treasure Hunter Prospector 1 Sm Pic.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 423
  • Treasure Hunter Prospector Clay.jpg
    Treasure Hunter Prospector Clay.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 409
OP
OP
SGVALLEYMAN

SGVALLEYMAN

Aug 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
tracker iv
Thanks for the encouragement everyone, I can see where this can be very very addicting..I have my eye on a empty lot near me(where a house once stood) and am going to hit it tomorrow or the next day.
thanks again everyone !!! :thumbsup:

~Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread