goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, my dad had a ten inning game and had 3 hours to MD a park. I decided a few weeks ago to do a grid pattern, the opposite of running around in a circle, and found some fantastic stuff in my standards. By the fence, i dug up trash target after trash target...but eventually i got to the good stuff. First, i found what looked like half a heart, then, i got a buckle made of the same medal. It seems to be copper painted with some gold finishing. One piece was far down, while the other wasn't. i think it it looks like one of those 1800's women's belt thingy...but I'm not sure, so Please correct me. Then, i found a silver St. Peters Medalion...a foot away from a hole i dug a few weeks ago. I also found a old hoe. The janitor caught up to me and scolded me about the condition of the ground. I try to put the sod the way i find it, but i always screw up. I wanted to say to him "there wouldn't be so many holes if there wasn't so much trash you should have picked up instead of hit with your mower." so i left him alone and tried to fill in the holes better. I also found an arrow( in a park, go figure)

If you are just skipping the upper paragraph, just take this equation with you Grid pattern= good finds!

HH
-GC

Attachments

• IMG_2900.jpg
    IMG_2900.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 804
  • IMG_2905.jpg
    IMG_2905.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 805
  • IMG_2898.jpg
    IMG_2898.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 808
Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Congrats GC!
Nice medalian there. Looks like it's gold to me. Beautiful.

...and this line did make me laugh a bit too, sorry.
I see the pic... she's a beauty...lol

goldencoin said:
I also found a old hoe.

Keep diggin em up!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes On said:
Nice finds gc! Here's a thread that talks about digging up the grass...

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,28986.0.html

HH!
TBGO

ok, that help a little, i do cut the turf into a three sided square, however, when i try to push it all back together, dirt and stuff is left over and the turf sometimes die. I guess i need more practice. Well, at least i can coast on the fact that the park no longer has the sharp, rusty stuff all over that the janitor neglected to pick up...it souled be better soon

HH
-GC

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Finding silver is great, Golden. :)

Are you using a cloth for putting the dirt on .....so when you're done you can just dump it back into the hole? Gotta make those groundskeepers happy. ;)

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mona Lisa said:
Finding silver is great, Golden. :)

Are you using a cloth for putting the dirt on .....so when you're done you can just dump it back into the hole? Gotta make those groundskeepers happy. ;)

i just can't carry it. my hands are filled with a MD in one hand, and a thick pinpionter, trowl, and a campind shovel in the other.....with i could but i can't

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe....but uncliping an recliping would be cumbersome...i just sweep the dirt back in with the broad of my shovel.....a heavy rain will fix everything.

Thanks
-GC

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go on those finds GC! And I also know about those circles! :D It is better to grid but most of the time I look like a doodle bug! :D You did good to fix those unsightly holes too! Keep those finds coming!!

Nana ;)

S

southbound

Have used this meathod myself and it works very well.
Congrats on the relics.
Vern

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
LOL @ finding old 'hoes'!

I use only a screwdriver to coinhunt. After awhile the tip gets rounded so I very rarely scratch coins. If I'm hunting in sod I make an incision above the pinpointed target and then pull back both sides. The sod is never disconnected and it won't dry up later or get sucked out by a mower. After I pull back my 'flaps', I probe around in the hole to find the item, then stick my screwdriver deeply down the side of the hole and then pop all the dirt in the hole loose. If I have to pull dirt out of the hole, I stick it on the flaps so it goes back in the hole easily and won't make a mess.

But mostly I just try to hunt sites where I can dig like the Tasmanian Devil and not worry about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions