Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    6,797
    144 times
    eating

    Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!

    Okay, this buddy stops over one day with pictures of an old house foundation.

    Hard to get to? says I

    No! says he.

    Where? says I

    Just take this two-track road...easy to find...just a short ways...not far...says he

    So without checking any other documents, I drive all the way over there. Sure enough, the road is where he said it would be. So I drive in expecting this easy cool hunt....WRONG WRONG WRONG!

    I drive in about 200 feet and the road is so bad I have to walk. I grab the detector and shovel and start walking...and walking...and walking.

    After about an hour and several miles later I decided either I missed it or it's not exactly "not far."

    I did have some fun however. I got lots of needed exercise and enjoyed a nice day in the woodland. Here are some photos I took of some old stumps still standing from the 1800's lumber era. A lone apple tree tells me I was close.

    I did swing the detector on the dirt two-track and found 1 Memorial cent, a 30-06 shell, and assorted other junk.

    I'll find the exact spot and go back next week.

    To be continued.
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

  2. #2
    us
    Ace250man

    Jul 2004
    Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let me detect!
    ace 250
    20,044
    185 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!

    cool story and good luck. keep us posted. keep on digging....
    ALLEN

  3. #3
    hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

    Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    12,686
    272 times

    Re: Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!

    Ok...great story...but I was able to see the foundation right behind that stump...maybe if you hadnt of been so busy posing your detector you might have seen it....by the way "Do you wear glasses?' .....have you thought about them? .......But dont feel too bad....because I couldnt see one sighting of the elusive goose.... :P :P

    ........I know.... I know....Rule # 2
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

  4. #4
    us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    6,797
    144 times
    eating

    Re: Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by gypsyheart
    Ok...great story...but I was able to see the foundation right behind that stump...maybe if you hadnt of been so busy posing your detector you might have seen it....by the way "Do you wear glasses?' .....have you thought about them? .......But dont feel too bad....because I couldnt see one sighting of the elusive goose.... :P :P

    ........I know.... I know....Rule # 2
    LOL! You crack me up gypsy!
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

  5. #5

    Oct 2005
    Charleston S.C.
    3,667
    12 times

    Re: Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!

    Badger, Best of Luck, Keep Us Posted. trk5capt...

  6. #6
    bk
    bk is offline
    us
    Seeker of Fortune

    Jan 2005
    SE Minnesota
    Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
    1,421
    61 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!

    Man, I've done that before. We were on a gravel road that turned into a dirt road, that turned into muddy bunch of ruts, that turned into a sea of mud. When we were finally able to stop without risking getting stuck, we find this old run-down house/junk yard that no one could possibly be living in, right?... Wrong!
    Remember the guy that played the banjo in the movie Deliverance? I think it was his cousin who lived there.

  7. #7
    us
    Oct 2005
    Summerville, South Carolina
    Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
    3,626
    14 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

    Re: Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!

    Excersise is good for everyone, HH Art...

  8. #8
    rvbvetter

    Re: Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!

    See! Now there's your problem right there!! Your sweeping the wrong end of your detector on the ground again.
    I know the Tesoro manual is not very thourough, but SHEESH!!


    HH



  9. #9
    us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    6,797
    144 times
    eating

    Re: Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by rvbvetter
    See! Now there's your problem right there!! Your sweeping the wrong end of your detector on the ground again.
    I know the Tesoro manual is not very thourough, but SHEESH!!


    HH

    opps! ah, thanks for the tip! I was wondering why I was only getting the depth of the Explorer II
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

  10. #10
    rvbvetter

    Re: Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!

    The depth is limitless pointing in that direction. Who knows, it might even help the Tesoro gain some depth.

  11. #11
    us
    Apr 2006
    Michigan
    6,338
    25 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!

    Looked like a beautiful day out there
    finally after all the rain.
    Best of luck to you Badger!

    Smiles!
    BDoo
    "I'm a finder, not a loser!"

  12. #12
    hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

    Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    12,686
    272 times

    Re: Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Badger
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsyheart
    Ok...great story...but I was able to see the foundation right behind that stump...maybe if you hadnt of been so busy posing your detector you might have seen it....by the way "Do you wear glasses?' .....have you thought about them? .......But dont feel too bad....because I couldnt see one sighting of the elusive goose.... :P :P

    ........I know.... I know....Rule # 2
    LOL! You crack me up gypsy!
    But admit it...be honest...Its ok ...I wont tell....but you did go back and look at those pictures didnt you
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

  13. #13
    us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    6,797
    144 times
    eating

    Re: Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by gypsyheart
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Badger
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsyheart
    Ok...great story...but I was able to see the foundation right behind that stump...maybe if you hadnt of been so busy posing your detector you might have seen it....by the way "Do you wear glasses?' .....have you thought about them? .......But dont feel too bad....because I couldnt see one sighting of the elusive goose.... :P :P

    ........I know.... I know....Rule # 2
    LOL! You crack me up gypsy!
    But admit it...be honest...Its ok ...I wont tell....but you did go back and look at those pictures didnt you
    Well....maybe just a peek. But just a peek mind you
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

  14. #14
    us
    Jul 2003
    Mid Michigan
    IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
    1,691
    41 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!

    Is that there detector a Blue-tic or a Walker......
    Its the last pic....Im picturing a guy slowly rolling down a two track with his detector in the back of the truck.Suddenly the detector starts goin crazy...bouncin around and beepin.The guy stops , jumps out, and drops the tailgate.The detector hurls itself out and flys down an old deer trail with the guy stumbling behind tryin to keep up.The beeping reaches a fever pitch as the detectorist ambles up to the old apple tree.His machine is diggin its coil into the bark, trying to get a little nearer its quarry...its sceamin...penny/dime...penny/dime.The hunter takes a few steps back and gets his first glimpse of the tiny Indian head penny..shaking...clinging to the uppermost branches of the old tree......
    ramble on

  15. #15
    us
    Jul 2003
    Mid Michigan
    IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
    1,691
    41 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!

    Old growth cut-off and apple trees...Looks like your in my kinda area...Good luck next trip Badger...Joe
    ramble on

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0