Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    144 times
    eating

Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!

Okay, this buddy stops over one day with pictures of an old house foundation.

Hard to get to? says I

No! says he.

Where? says I

Just take this two-track road...easy to find...just a short ways...not far...says he

So without checking any other documents, I drive all the way over there. Sure enough, the road is where he said it would be. So I drive in expecting this easy cool hunt....WRONG WRONG WRONG!

I drive in about 200 feet and the road is so bad I have to walk. I grab the detector and shovel and start walking...and walking...and walking.

After about an hour and several miles later I decided either I missed it or it's not exactly "not far."

I did have some fun however. I got lots of needed exercise and enjoyed a nice day in the woodland. Here are some photos I took of some old stumps still standing from the 1800's lumber era. A lone apple tree tells me I was close.

I did swing the detector on the dirt two-track and found 1 Memorial cent, a 30-06 shell, and assorted other junk.

I'll find the exact spot and go back next week.

To be continued.
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

us
    Ace250man

Jul 2004
    Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let me detect!
    ace 250
    185 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Wild Goose Chase BUT Still Had Fun!

cool story and good luck. keep us posted. keep on digging....
    ALLEN

hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    272 times

Ok...great story...but I was able to see the foundation right behind that stump...maybe if you hadnt of been so busy posing your detector you might have seen it....by the way "Do you wear glasses?' .....have you thought about them? .......But dont feel too bad....because I couldnt see one sighting of the elusive goose.... :P :P

........I know.... I know....Rule # 2
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    144 times
    eating

Quote Originally Posted by gypsyheart
    Ok...great story...but I was able to see the foundation right behind that stump...maybe if you hadnt of been so busy posing your detector you might have seen it....by the way "Do you wear glasses?' .....have you thought about them? .......But dont feel too bad....because I couldnt see one sighting of the elusive goose.... :P :P

LOL! You crack me up gypsy!

Oct 2005
    Charleston S.C.
    12 times

Badger, Best of Luck, Keep Us Posted. trk5capt...

bk
    us
    Seeker of Fortune

Jan 2005
    SE Minnesota
    Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
    61 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Man, I've done that before. We were on a gravel road that turned into a dirt road, that turned into muddy bunch of ruts, that turned into a sea of mud. When we were finally able to stop without risking getting stuck, we find this old run-down house/junk yard that no one could possibly be living in, right?... Wrong!
    Remember the guy that played the banjo in the movie Deliverance? I think it was his cousin who lived there.

us
    Oct 2005
    Summerville, South Carolina
    Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
    14 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Excersise is good for everyone, HH Art...

rvbvetter

See! Now there's your problem right there!! Your sweeping the wrong end of your detector on the ground again.
    I know the Tesoro manual is not very thourough, but SHEESH!!

HH

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    144 times
    eating

Quote Originally Posted by rvbvetter
    See! Now there's your problem right there!! Your sweeping the wrong end of your detector on the ground again.
    I know the Tesoro manual is not very thourough, but SHEESH!!

HH

opps! ah, thanks for the tip! I was wondering why I was only getting the depth of the Explorer II

rvbvetter

The depth is limitless pointing in that direction. Who knows, it might even help the Tesoro gain some depth.

us
    Apr 2006
    Michigan
    25 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Looked like a beautiful day out there
    finally after all the rain.
    Best of luck to you Badger!

Smiles!
    BDoo
    "I'm a finder, not a loser!"

hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    272 times

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Badger

But admit it...be honest...Its ok ...I wont tell....but you did go back and look at those pictures didnt you
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    144 times
    eating

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Badger

But admit it...be honest...Its ok ...I wont tell....but you did go back and look at those pictures didnt you
    Well....maybe just a peek. But just a peek mind you

us
    Jul 2003
    Mid Michigan
    IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
    41 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Is that there detector a Blue-tic or a Walker......
    Its the last pic....Im picturing a guy slowly rolling down a two track with his detector in the back of the truck.Suddenly the detector starts goin crazy...bouncin around and beepin.The guy stops , jumps out, and drops the tailgate.The detector hurls itself out and flys down an old deer trail with the guy stumbling behind tryin to keep up.The beeping reaches a fever pitch as the detectorist ambles up to the old apple tree.His machine is diggin its coil into the bark, trying to get a little nearer its quarry...its sceamin...penny/dime...penny/dime.The hunter takes a few steps back and gets his first glimpse of the tiny Indian head penny..shaking...clinging to the uppermost branches of the old tree......
    ramble on

us
    Jul 2003
    Mid Michigan
    IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
    41 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Old growth cut-off and apple trees...Looks like your in my kinda area...Good luck next trip Badger...Joe
    ramble on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links