CW Lead and Button

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...Not a whole button, but a half of a button :laughing7:. I was digging a Civil war camp over the weekend and found some really nice lead and this button. I found my FIRST Ringtail sharps and a chewed musket ball :hello2: :headbang:..and this button back. Well the button back sat on my computer for a day or so and then I had an idea. I looked at the back and said..No way I could get a Backmark off of that...SO I flipped the button over and grabbed the toothbrush and toothpick. Started brushing away the dirt and awh be dang if there wasn't letters under the crud. They were reversed, but I was able to tell what they said. Hammond Turner Sons...I wish the front would have been on the button and YES I did recheck the hole just to make sure it wasn't in there. Well Hope you guys enjoyed my picture and I sure do hope to get back out there soon to see what else is still in the dirt. :hello: zaxfire69

f4ba2c6b.jpg

6414bbb6.jpg

Upvote 0

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice bullets.... congrats! :thumbsup:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's some great lead!
It's too bad that button broke apart. Great finds nevertheless. :icon_thumleft:

Hammond Turner & Sons Ltd., Birmingham. Founded in 1717 and in business until c. 1955. Noted especially for fine sporting buttons. c. 1840-50.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with 4-H that is some nice lookin lead. I really like that ringtail and the rest of those Sharps! Keep at it :icon_thumleft: :wink:

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thnks guys. I'm finding alot of good targets outta this place. Hope to find more.

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Congrats on the CW finds... Looks like you have great place going!!!

wettpaint

Apr 9, 2009
North Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Hey Zax,
I cannot tell but it kind of looks like there is a small lip around tha bottom of the sharps, almost like a williams cleaner. Maybe just the way the pic shows. I hope your spots do not dry up with hunting season, mine are going down quickly. I have one where the guy does not allow hunting, other than relics :laughing7:

Hope you have a good one.
Wettpaint

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread