city Park finds

M

mchamby

I had to go pay some bills so I decided I would take the oppurtunity to hunt the big park in town. I had to take my wheelie O2 cart since breathing is more of a chore. I hang my sitting bucket on the wheelie hook and pull that with my left hand ,my digger and probe on my side belt and MDer in right hand (phew what a load). I did one big loop around outer perimeter about 5 ft wide. I hit under some of the wooden benches as I went. This is what I found in the two hours :D
4 clad quarters
8 clad dimes
2 nickels
29 pennies
I rubber stopper- found in hole with coin
2 soda tops
1 wheel off hot wheel car
I also had many other penny hits that I will hunt for another day. I also ran into lots, and lots of tent catapillars dropping out of the trees on webs. I kept running into their threads (just like spider web). I see it is going to be a very bad year for them. When I got back to the car I felt something inside my shirt that shouldn't have been there and sure enough its one of those ugly furry A$$ things, yuck.
We lost power last night because of a bad thunder storm (back on now) and it's pouring rain again so it looks like it will be a few days before it drys out again and I can go out. I didn't include a pic this time since it was all modern coins. Happy Hunting to all.
Mchamby

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
sounds like a nice day, getting out enjoying the hunting.
Best of luck to you in all your searching!

Smiles!
BDoo

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D Yeah...we got lots of those caterpillars this year too! Along with lots of bugs and ticks! Sounds like a good day though Maria! ;)

Congrats on your finds!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
M

mchamby

Thanks all.
Boy Lance it sure is pouring down here, I won't be surprized to see Otter Creek flood over by morning. That is always hard for the people that live west of town, they have to make a several mile roundabout to get to town and work. One good thing about all this rain is target signals should really pop out of the ground. HH
Mchamby

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sound's like a good haul Mchamby,down here in the Blue Ridge section of the country we have alot of those furryA$$ cat's too...Don't let them stop you.Nice day out...HH!!

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
Nice Haul Congrats, trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 047.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 047.gif
    65.6 KB · Views: 233
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 047.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 047.gif
    65.6 KB · Views: 232

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go, Maria. A lot of people would be sitting at home feeling sorry for themselves....but you're out there enjoying yourself with something you obviously love to do....oxygen tank and all. :)

Keep on digging! ;)

icegator

Apr 22, 2006
Maurice Louisiana
Detector(s) used
fisher 1212x
all that clad adds up. nice to see someone who needs O2 still gets out there and hunts. good luck and keep on hunting

ice

OP
OP
M

mchamby

Thanks all, I have a lot of days I can't even get out but I try not miss any good days, If I have a DRS appt or anything that takes me to town or out of town I try and md for a couple of hours somewhere. I have been know to stop at peoples houses out of town and ask, I figure the worst they can say is no, but most people don't bat and eye and say sure. ;)
Mchamby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread