Double Dime Trifecta

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
Got out on veterans day to enjoy some 50 degree weather with my hunting buddy Mike. We went back to the ball park where I scored 9 silver last week. I ended up with 8 more this time, the '93s and '03 Barber dimes, the '18s,'41d,'44d and '45d Mercs and the '53 and 46 Rosies. This is the first time I've got 2 trifectas in one hunt. I don't recall everything Mike found but I know he found a '91 Seated Liberty dime and if I only could have got my coil over that one I'd have had the grand slam. I was happy for Mike as that was his first Seated. I finally tried a park that I must have passed by a half dozen times this summer. I never thought much of it as it is full of young walnut trees and I hate trying to detect over walnuts and besides the park just didn't look old. I dug the '97,'99 and the 11d Barbers and a sterling pin that I forgot to put in the photo. It was cold and I didn't hang around too long. I went back Saturday, it was still cold but at least the sun was shining. I got the '36 and '20d Mercs and the '97 IH and the '90 IH which someone used as a target. Evidently they were a crack shot, I can just make out the 90 in the date. Thanks for looking and HH.
Deano
101_0887.jpg

Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frigging AWESOME hunt!!!!! MR TUFF

dave in iowa

Jan 29, 2008
iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Track, Minelab S.E. , and a Whites Prizm 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe Annie Oakely practicing ........

OP
OP
deano

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
dave in iowa said:
Maybe Annie Oakely practicing ........
Annie Oakley used bird shot so she would never miss, so maybe it was Jesse James!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread