more crowns and cannons than Im used to......

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
more crowns and cannons than I'm used to......

.....but it's something I'd like to get used to :headbang:

Me and Iron Patch finally got the go ahead on a field we have been looking at for years, after a few trips of nobody home and cows all over the place, today the farmer was home and in a good mood and so were his cows!

Things started off slow, but after the patch of iron was found so were all of our great finds of the day. While IP was banging out the cannon balls I was steady digging all of my "10" old military buttons; and few other goodies to boot. The usual plain buttons were everpresent, but I also got a harp, crotal bell, and a broadarrow marked gun brass. Scored some old coppers, which seemed weird that there weren't more, maybe next time.

The highlight was the amount and diversity of old military buttons. We always knew we would score a site like this someday, and today was the day! This place seemed like it was loaded like a freight train, smoking and rolling like it couldn't be stopped :laughing9:

I got 4 RSLA arty's ,2 flats and 2 domed. Two pewters, center of an early militia, and an unkwown right now. Militia officer's buttons, two different ones! Another domed button also to be i.d.ed. And finally, a nice cuff from a rev war officer. One cool find was a little gold crown? could be a button or cufflink piece...oooh shiny 8)

I'm totally looking forward to our next trip back, although it won't be fast and furious like today, the percentages will give us hope of popping something decent.

Attachments

• ba.JPG
    ba.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 863
  • cops.JPG
    cops.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 869
  • cnc.JPG
    cnc.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 867
  • gcrwn.JPG
    gcrwn.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 862
  • militia.JPG
    militia.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 874
  • kar.JPG
    kar.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 863
Upvote 0

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: more crowns and cannons than I'm used to......

Wow...what a hunt! I'm loading the car!!!

55th Massachusetts

Jun 5, 2009
Detector(s) used
Nautilus

KINGS AMERICAN REGT. RARE BUTTON!!!!!! BANNER!!!!!!!
REB

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero

Dam. I thought IP had a good hunt. Looks like you're holding the candle on this one. :thumbsup:

Nice friggin button. 8)

And congrats on the gold.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Great Finds!!

The King's American Regiment was raised at Flat Bush, Long Island, New York, on 12 December 1776, by Colonel Edmund Fanning. A significant percentage of its strength came from the Hudson River Valley, around New York City, Connecticut, and later Rhode Island.

The Regiment approached its full strength of approximately 500 men very quickly, and fought in compaigns in New York, Rhode Island, and in the Southern Campaign in South Carolina and Georgia.

One of the finest of the Provincial units, the Regiment was designated the Fourth American Regiment in 1779, one of only five regiments to be so honoured. It was taken on the British Regular Establishment, effective 25 December 1782. The Regiment was disbanded in Saint John, New Brunswick, in the autumn of 1783, and several hundred officers and soldiers settled as Loyalists in what is now the Province of New Brunswick, Canada.
Don.......
Source:http://www.lib.unb.ca/collections/loyalist/kingsregiment.html

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Heck of a hunt! You guys scored big!

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds

Mackaydon said:
Great Finds!!

The King's American Regiment was raised at Flat Bush, Long Island, New York, on 12 December 1776, by Colonel Edmund Fanning. A significant percentage of its strength came from the Hudson River Valley, around New York City, Connecticut, and later Rhode Island.

The Regiment approached its full strength of approximately 500 men very quickly, and fought in compaigns in New York, Rhode Island, and in the Southern Campaign in South Carolina and Georgia.

One of the finest of the Provincial units, the Regiment was designated the Fourth American Regiment in 1779, one of only five regiments to be so honoured. It was taken on the British Regular Establishment, effective 25 December 1782. The Regiment was disbanded in Saint John, New Brunswick, in the autumn of 1783, and several hundred officers and soldiers settled as Loyalists in what is now the Province of New Brunswick, Canada.
Don.......
Source:http://www.lib.unb.ca/collections/loyalist/kingsregiment.html

the part of the story that's missing is that he also commanded the local militia on St. John's Island after the war ended...he left us a significant legacy

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You gotta get lucky once in awhile, must have been a blast.
Quality, quanty, unknowns, NICE

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

It's great to see you guys hitting a good site! Liking the King's Reg.button and the other finds. :icon_thumright:

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT

Wow, that is a terrific hunt! What a variety of finds.

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Crowns and cannons ! Yee Haaaa ! Is right ! Gotta be happy about this kind and quanity of finds ! The Kings American Regt. button is a special find ! An awesome revolutionary war relic hunt ! MaineRelic

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro

nice group of finds odd acorn shape on the crotau bell all mine have been rounder

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow ! You had a great hunt.. alot of history in those finds. Hope you guys get to stay with those cows for years. Thanks for sharing!
HH
TnMtns

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now that's a sweet hunt!! :icon_thumright:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ok I'm going to double stamp this one funzeees and insist on a do-over. What, can't do that... How about a donation? Can't do that either? A 20 minute head start next time? ;D

You've been there on some of my better days that we'll never forget, and I know we'll both never forget this one! I don't doubt you'll add to the pile the next time we head back.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RPG said:
Dam. I thought IP had a good hunt. Looks like you're holding the candle on this one. :thumbsup:

Nice friggin button. 8)

And congrats on the gold.

Well that's just how my Fall has gone.... dig and dig and dig and always come out on the short end. Things were going pretty bad until I dug 3 keepers in 3 holes that put me back in the game. But after that I went back to digging little pieces of junk and not buttons so got squat. I got smoked but worked like crazy just to get what I did and it could have been much worse.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Looks like a successful hunt.
Congrats.
Dman

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other

Great Rare Finds!
Shiny bits are always a Bonus :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread