THE FIND OF A LIFE TIME FOR ONE LITTLE BOY IN THE UK!!!!!!

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
What a find, so beautiful, I would like to see all sides of it. And does the story suggest something is inside? Wow

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read this somewhere else on the board lol

yea, if a little kid can do it, then I sure have hope!!

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
@ farmerchick - see, 40 tons CAN happen....

@saturna - nah, we're all grave robbers and yard thieves, ask my neighbors ::)

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a chunk of GOLD. :headbang: Congrats little UK dude.

Skelly607

Bronze Member
May 5, 2010
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO M6 Ace 250
Saturna said:
Amazing how much stuff would still be in the ground if it wasn't for metal detectors.
I like the idea I'am making the Earth lighter 1 piece at a time.

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
This was posted earlier in General Discussion. What an amazing find! The little guy is another Crusader or Shaun7 in the making!

kyphote

Jan 12, 2010
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This goes to show how much luck can come into play. Santa is giving my 6-year-old a junior metal detector this year. In January, he found a New York button using my pinpointer. I had dug a modern casing and he jammed the pinpointer in the sidewall. He was started (almost terrified) when I extracted the brass and tossed him on my shoulders. That evening I put it in a Riker and he slept with it -- not because buttons are cuddly, but because he knew it meant something. Anyway, sappy story, but it's great to see kids getting into it. Far beats Wii bowling. Thanks for the link.

becky21b

Jul 12, 2010
Santa Cruz, Ca
Funny, cuz on monday I was at a park in town and a 3 year old little boy came up to me, I hear a muffled voice "what did you find" so I take off my headphones and bent down and talked to him and his 1 year old brother (their mother was not far away) and the 3 year old said He just asked for a MD for xmas (his mother comfirmed just 5 min before I got there he asked for one, then saw me and said "look she has one") pretty funny. He was so cute and very interested, I put the headphones on him and let him listen to a signal we dug it up and it was a pull tab :( Then his brother wanted to hear, did the same for him, Then the boy asked if he could "scan" around by himself... Why not, I watched him closely since my detector was expensive! lol he got a signal, we dug it up and it was another pulltab, the great thing is that he wasnt upset or disapointed, I really hope he gets one for xmas, he was so smart and into it. Too bad we didn't find a treasure.

BennyBacon

May 31, 2015
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guys look at this.
Guy finds rusty old nail dating back to the 1950. Click to read.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread