Indiana Digger

Oct 13, 2010
E.C. Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II SL90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back Tnet & Hi Everyone!

This was found in the front lawn of a former high school/now middle school. Before 1900, it was the city gas and oil lot and the site of many fairs and carnivals. It was around 3 1/2 inches deep and registered as a 50 cent piece.

eaglemedallion.jpg

It looks to be "bronzed" pot metal and is 1 1/2 inches across. The suspension loop is missing. As you can see, it is an eagle with wings spread, clutching a rock (or resting on a mountaintop), with boulders to the right and two flowers near the bottom. I have searched extensively online, but cannot find anymore information. School medal? Carnival prize? Military? Your input is appreciated.

Happy Hunting!

~Indiana Digger~

Upvote 0

KRAZYHORSES

Aug 17, 2010
nice find ID!! I have know idea my friend found an eagle a few months ago here is a picture of his have fun enjoy the hobby krazyhorses

Attachments

• DSC00001 (2).jpg
    DSC00001 (2).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 406
  • DSC00001 (2).jpg
    DSC00001 (2).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 392

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KRAZYHORSES said:
nice find ID!! I have know idea my friend found an eagle a few months ago here is a picture of his have fun enjoy the hobby krazyhorses

Kind of a big diff,between your friends chest plate and this one!!!Nice find whatever it is?

OP
OP
Indiana Digger

Indiana Digger

Oct 13, 2010
E.C. Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II SL90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Potter - Here are my thoughts on this.

It could be a:

Sports Medal - it was found on school property
Shop Project - pretty detailed for that
Carnival Prize - a lot of fairs were held here before the school was built in 1923.

I haven't seen anything like it, nor can I find anything similar on the internet.
I can't help but feel that the flowers, boulders and position of the eagle have something to do with the significance of this medallion.

I'll keep searching, but I'm open to suggestions from everyone!

Thanks and Happy (frozen) Hunting!

~Indiana Digger~

TiBorn

Nov 16, 2011
Ticonderoga
Detector(s) used
Kellyco Predator II, Bounty Hunter Quickdraw 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found the same medallion on my property. Mine is severely corroded and appears to have taken some kind of impact. I was hoping it was rare and worth something but apparently I've been burned by my detector again.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread