finally got my wish of an armed constabulary button..true new zealand..yeeha !!!

Des from down under

Jun 26, 2009
taupo
Detector(s) used
garett 1500 gti and T2 ltd, garrett propointer
Hi all.hope you are all doing fine....im rapt... been longing for a n/z war button of our own first military forces..the a/c were formed in 1867 and were our first military force here in lil ole n/z....it was formed when the imperial troops were sent back to england as the goverment at that time pushed for a self reliant stand..in other words couldn't afford all the british troops ...anyway I have dug british regiment buttons which are a find in themselves but this was always on my wish list for sure..

got the little suka down about eight inches below an old redoubt that was manned by a/c troopers in 1869...hope one of you can throw some light on the maker of it...hope pic of back is clear enough...thanks for looking guys and a final...yeehhaaa !!!

Attachments

• DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 3,325
  • DSCF0011.JPG
    DSCF0011.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 3,306
Upvote 0

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool button and a very cool backmark. Based on the history as you related it, I'm sure it's also very rare, therefore......BANNER

U

umrgolf

congrats on the banner Des! again, congrats on pulling something you've been after for quite a long time :headbang:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't find much on the manufacturer, other than this quote from a sales site :icon_scratch:

'The back is lettered “Rivet’d & Solder’d” below a Victorian coat of arms. v.g.c. This company or its button are not mentioned in Froggatt so this is a very rare piece indeed. The company was incorporated in 1854, part opened in 1859 and absorbed into the GS&WR in 1876.'

PS, welcome to the banner :headbang:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: ALRIGHT, CONGRATS ON THE BANNER BUD!!! :headbang:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
That is one fine looking button up top! Congrats. :thumbsup: jgas

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on an outstanding historical recovery and making the banner Des. I had no idea that was such a super find down there (or anywhere).WTG Bud, Quindy in Tennessee.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that is an awsome button. You would have had my vote, but its not needed. A well deserved banner spot. :icon_thumright:

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:headbang:
Congrats on making the banner with such a fine and rare button Des!

PEles

Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Congratulations there Des beautiful button you dug there, I like it !!

Glad you finally got one of the finds you've wanted, way to go :thumbsup:

LP

pakeha63

Nov 13, 2008
Stockton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Lobo ST
Absolutely fantastic find :o Did you find that near Mokau? When I lived in New Zealand, that was the best place to get good Whitebait fritters ;D

OP
OP
Des from down under

Des from down under

Jun 26, 2009
taupo
Detector(s) used
pakeha63 said:
Absolutely fantastic find :o Did you find that near Mokau? When I lived in New Zealand, that was the best place to get good Whitebait fritters ;D
yes I live there..and catch whitebait ...,thanks pakeha....

OP
OP
Des from down under

Des from down under

Jun 26, 2009
taupo
Detector(s) used
THANKS HEAPS TEAM..I AM RAPT..FOR THE BANNER. IT IS ALL PART OF WHAT WE LIKE DOING ..PASSIONATE ABOUT HISTORY AND GETTING OUT AND DOING IT..PUTTING UP WITH WISE CRACKS...EXPLAINING TO THE PARTNER WHY YOU WANT A PRO POINTER.OR SOME OTHER TOOL ,LOOKING AT BOOKS AND MAPS.....COMING BACK AND SHOWING A PILE OF PULL TABS AND JUNK...BUT TO BE PART OF A FORUM OF DIFFERENT TYPE PEOPLE WHO SHARE THE SAME INTEREST IS WHAT THIS IS ABOUT...ONCE AGAIN..THANKS ALL HEAPS AND KEEP DIGGN...CHEERS DES FROM....AHHH....UP ON TOP ..LOL

pakeha63

Nov 13, 2008
Stockton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Lobo ST
Des from down under said:
pakeha63 said:
Do they still have that one lane bridge?- use to get kinda scarey with cars coming straight at you. lol

OP
OP
Des from down under

Des from down under

Jun 26, 2009
taupo
Detector(s) used
pakeha63 said:
Des from down under said:
pakeha63 said:
Do they still have that one lane bridge?- use to get kinda scarey with cars coming straight at you. lol
nope big fancy two lane now bro...c'mon home

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big congrats on the Banner Des, was saying before T-net went down it would be great to see a Kiwi find up there! Good skills cuz, Yeeehaa. Nuggy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge Congrats on the Banner! Must be a thrill to find that over there!

OP
OP
Des from down under

Des from down under

Jun 26, 2009
taupo
Detector(s) used
nuggy said:
Big congrats on the Banner Des, was saying before T-net went down it would be great to see a Kiwi find up there! Good skills cuz, Yeeehaa. Nuggy
thanks my fellow kiwi hunter...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread