finally got my wish of an armed constabulary button..true new zealand..yeeha !!!

Des from down under

Jun 26, 2009
taupo
Detector(s) used
garett 1500 gti and T2 ltd, garrett propointer
Hi all.hope you are all doing fine....im rapt... been longing for a n/z war button of our own first military forces..the a/c were formed in 1867 and were our first military force here in lil ole n/z....it was formed when the imperial troops were sent back to england as the goverment at that time pushed for a self reliant stand..in other words couldn't afford all the british troops ...anyway I have dug british regiment buttons which are a find in themselves but this was always on my wish list for sure..

got the little suka down about eight inches below an old redoubt that was manned by a/c troopers in 1869...hope one of you can throw some light on the maker of it...hope pic of back is clear enough...thanks for looking guys and a final...yeehhaaa !!!

Attachments

• DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 3,325
  • DSCF0011.JPG
    DSCF0011.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 3,306
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Des from down under

Des from down under

Jun 26, 2009
taupo
Detector(s) used
garett 1500 gti and T2 ltd, garrett propointer
trikikiwi said:
Wow! CONGRATULATIONS Des :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
That's a beauty mate and well deserving of the BANNER :headbang:

You are the first Kiwi I have seen represented up there, so double well done!
Cheers, Mike
thanks heaps mike...we will get together one day maybe..cheers des

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Des from down under said:
THANKS HEAPS TEAM..I AM RAPT..FOR THE BANNER. IT IS ALL PART OF WHAT WE LIKE DOING ..PASSIONATE ABOUT HISTORY AND GETTING OUT AND DOING IT..PUTTING UP WITH WISE CRACKS...EXPLAINING TO THE PARTNER WHY YOU WANT A PRO POINTER.OR SOME OTHER TOOL ,LOOKING AT BOOKS AND MAPS.....COMING BACK AND SHOWING A PILE OF PULL TABS AND JUNK...BUT TO BE PART OF A FORUM OF DIFFERENT TYPE PEOPLE WHO SHARE THE SAME INTEREST IS WHAT THIS IS ABOUT...ONCE AGAIN..THANKS ALL HEAPS AND KEEP DIGGN...CHEERS DES FROM....AHHH....UP ON TOP ..LOL

Hey Des, couldn't have said this better, great buch of girls and boys with the same mentality. Fantastic find mate and next time i am down that way would love to catch up. Really Great button. Congrats.

Sasnz

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Des mate, I hunt with sasnz, when we can. It will be cool if we can all get together one day. Mike

sonny61

Sep 9, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Prizm 4, Surfmaster ll
hey des, checked my email and saw a newsletter for this week from TNET and in it was the story of your constabulary button. congrats on hitting the news. Sonny

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Niiice Button!
congrats on getting it up top!
I cleared settings on my computer & missed this post till now.
HH :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread