finally got my wish of an armed constabulary button..true new zealand..yeeha !!!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    nz
    des

Jun 2009
    taupo
    garett 1500 gti and T2 ltd, garrett propointer
    Banner Finds (1)

finally got my wish of an armed constabulary button..true new zealand..yeeha !!!

Hi all.hope you are all doing fine....im rapt... been longing for a n/z war button of our own first military forces..the a/c were formed in 1867 and were our first military force here in lil ole n/z....it was formed when the imperial troops were sent back to england as the goverment at that time pushed for a self reliant stand..in other words couldn't afford all the british troops ...anyway I have dug british regiment buttons which are a find in themselves but this was always on my wish list for sure..

got the little suka down about eight inches below an old redoubt that was manned by a/c troopers in 1869...hope one of you can throw some light on the maker of it...hope pic of back is clear enough...thanks for looking guys and a final...yeehhaaa !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0007.JPG 
Views:	3286 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	474895   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0011.JPG 
Views:	3265 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	474896  
    time and tide waits for no man...or woman !!!

Re: finally got my wish of an armed constabulary button..true new zealand..yeeha !!!

Thats a beautiful button Des! Congrats on making a find from your wish list!! The back looks great too---always a bonus!
    Keith

us
    Nov 2008
    NW NJ
    White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
    61 times

Re: finally got my wish of an armed constabulary button..true new zealand..yeeha !!!

Very nice button, Congrats ! Amazing shape for its age.

TommNJ

us
    Sep 2008
    Kentucky
    Whites XLT, Prizm 4, Surfmaster ll
    41 times

congrats on your first n/z button. got to be more around there. nice looking button
    Better to be detecting than watching soaps with the wife

umrgolf

It sounds like you've found the best button to find in your area gotta vote banner on this one Des, congrats

nz
    des

Jun 2009
    taupo
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by umrgolf2010
    It sounds like you've found the best button to find in your area gotta vote banner on this one Des, congrats
    wow thanks for that..could I be so lucky here in lil ole n/z

nz
    des

Jun 2009
    taupo
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by sonny61
    congrats on your first n/z button. got to be more around there. nice looking button
    thanks sonny..

au
    Sep 2004
    Eaglehawk
    GPX
    1190 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (4)

One of the finest Victorian era buttons . Great find Make a fine banner pic

tinpan

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2005
    Choctaw Beach Florida
    Equinox 800 and 600, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
    1498 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (3)

Very nice button and it will look great in a shodow box. Love the military stuff.
    God and country.

us
    Feb 2009
    Southern and Central Illinois
    Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre
    3 times

love the button thanx for posting
    I would rather live in a world where my life is surrounded by mystery than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it.  HH  Joe Hoo?  Southern and Central Illinois

That is a beauty! The back mark is almost as interesting as the front! Nice find!
    Finder of Things!

umrgolf

Quote Originally Posted by Des from down under
    Quote Originally Posted by umrgolf2010
    wow thanks for that..could I be so lucky here in lil ole n/z
    I think this one will make it eventually when more people see it and see how rare they are

umrgolf

Quote Originally Posted by romeo-1
    That is a beauty! The back mark is almost as interesting as the front! Nice find!
    yes it is, does that say "riveted and soldered"

Feb 2007
    Bradenton, Fl
    ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
    764 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

awesome button! beautiful condition! banner
    Debby

us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    129 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Kia ora

You know?

That is as banner as it gets there my friend, and it definitely deserves the recognition.

You have just received my vote.

Mike

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links