Thanksgiving finds... and a Thanksgiving it was!!! Can you say GOLD!!!!

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see tnet back up... Keep up the good work!

I haven't posted much beacuse I really haven't found much... a wheat here, a merc there, a junk ring... and so on... well I found a new place to hunt...

I went to my son's house for Thanksgiving... and of course I took my toys with me... Laptop... iPhone 4... and most importantly the V3i... I scouted the area with Google earth to find some likely places to hunt... there were parks and playgrounds everywhere! I'm not calling them tot lots because too just too corny for me besides others use them not just the little ones.

In 2 days I went out 8 different time in 6 different locations... it was cold and windy but of course I still went it was 18 degrees the night before I had to wait till about 10 am before it was warm enough to get out still 45 and 15 mph winds... but I was determined to find some jewelery...

I was surprised to see there wasn't very much trash... pull tabs... cut up cans... bottle caps... there were some but not what I was used to finding either they kept it clean or they were just newer parks. I have been trying quite hard to learn how to find jewelry with my V3i and it paid off... I have come to the conclusion that where I have been hunting there is not much jewelry to find or just too much trash... I dug almost every noise in the sandy play ground areas and my jewelry finds show it... I only came up with 3 "good" finds but I found lots of jewelry finds... I was happy to find my techniques I was using work, its just harder to find in the trashier areas at home.

Of course the clad was everywhere I went, I know its not alot but it made me assume there are not many hunters in this area. I hunted 6 different play grounds and there were dozens more in this town... only thing is... its not an old town, so alot of new finds to be found.

7 quarters (3 in one hole) 9 dimes 8 nickels 64 pennies (32 on each day)
Lots of junk jewelry - 3 rings ( one I think is silver but I dunno what the marking are it rang up as a dime... so I assume its silver)
2 keys - a boy scout slide

1958 Rosie... where that came from I dunno it shouldn't of been there it was found at an elementary school in wood chips, not that old at all

and my BEST find of the holiday...

GOLD!!! 2.1 grams of 18k GOLD religious medallion (I assume it is) also its my first gold piece in a very very long time.

Thanks for looking...

Chukers
midland area.JPG
Typical park using google earth...
tg finds.JPG
All my finds in the 2 days I went hunting...
ring silver..JPG
Anyone know what this marking is?
gold!18k.JPG
Anyone know what that thing is in the middle? its UGLY!
V3i 12vdi.JPG
This is where the pendant rang up on the V3i... very diggable!

Upvote 0

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a 'Good two day hunt', nice finds. :thumbsup:
I'me still looking for my first Gold, so far only a Gold plated locket.

Fossis...........

undergrounddrew

Jan 16, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Technetics G2 Fisher F75 Black, Minelab 3030,Minelab X-Terra 705 and more!!!
Great finds. I appreciate the story and pics with the post!!!
Thank you for that. Congrats

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Great hunt! Thanks for sharing it with us! Got to love that gold!

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• ring silver3.JPG
    ring silver3.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 392
OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TREASURE #4!!! I was looking closer at all my finds from my 2 day hunt.... and I found another silver item! the hoop earring is Avery STER! as in Sterling! weighing in at .16 grams that almost the weight of 2 silver dimes!

Now for the big question is the post silver too? anyone know?

Chukers

Attachments

• silver hoop 1.JPG
    silver hoop 1.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 371

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice haul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread