KYshooter

Nov 28, 2009
Kentucky
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Whites MXT, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My daughter, Katie, just revealed to me this past weekend that she lost a sterling silver heirloom ring given to her by her grandmother. Grammy (that’s what she calls her grandma) apparently wore this ring in her youth. In fact, on Thanksgiving Day Grammy warned her, “Do not lose that ring!”

But it was already lost. She believed that she lost it in a classmate’s yard where they were posing for senior year pictures. So, Katie and I set out right after she was finished with school today to hunt for the lost ring in a sea of leaves. I dusted off and batteried up my old Bounty Hunter Quicksilver for her to use.

When we arrived we were horrified to see the landscaper hard at work blowing and vacuuming leaves. We jumped out of the truck, suited up, and got to work.

About 15 minutes into the hunt I hit a beautiful silver tone. When I cleared the leaves to get down to the signal, it had moved with the leaves. I suspected that I was on the target … and reached down to sift through the leaves. And there it was! Grammy’s old ring.

Katie’s friend snapped a picture of us in our metal detecting equipment …
149937_1726857731943_1253408361_31886024_6021072_n.jpg

And here’s my happy girl … thoroughly relieved that her lost treasure had been found.
katie-ring-1.jpg

All in all, an awesome MDing afternoon. I told Katie that I have never been more proud of a find.

Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome..what a smile too.. phewwwww

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bunker

Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've now officially been upgraded to SUPER DAD!! :headbang:
HH,
Bunker

ddjames

Aug 30, 2009
Rural Palmyra, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer, Whites V3i, Whites TRX pinpointer, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a great story, and a cool find. Nice going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread