Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone.my wife told that an old house around the corner was being pulled down this morning.so i jumped on the blower[phone] and called up the owner and asked if i could have a look.he says yes as lone as i was out by the time the demo blokes turned up.didn,t have much time about 20 minutes.found a old bottle[1870s] and this strange adding machine in good condition.its in pounds stirling and australia has had decimal money since 1966. i would say from the 1940s and i rescued BAMBI for the demo blokes.its a bit of junk . pics

Attachments

• bambi001.jpg
    bambi001.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 408
Upvote 0
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pic

Attachments

• bambi003.jpg
    bambi003.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 409
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for info PBK and i cannot find where the batteries go !!!!!!!!! lol

tinpan

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Holy cow! I HAD one of those things when I was a kid! Not that brand, but I recognized the little slots that you put the stylus in and slide the whatsit down. And it wasn't in pounds sterling, either, just a decimal addition thingie.

The picture of the Exactus (on that site - thanks PBK) is pretty good. Mine looked more like the "Addiator" (what a name!), but would never have fit in a wallet. What fun!

Thanks for the pics - and maybe you'll be able to check it out more once the demolition is done...

HH
Nan

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I shouldn't have hit "post" quite yet... here's a link to one that really does look like the one I had: http://www.vintagecalculators.com/Baby_1.jpg Identical except for the cover of the case (mine was sorta bronze color).

I hadn't thought of that thing in years. It may even still be around here somewhere. I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.

thanks for the memories,
Nan

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any markings on the bottom of bambi? It could be a valuable piece of pottery or it could be one of the common ones. But it never hurts to go take a look!

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
I searched pretty heavily on Ebay for a bambi / fawn / deer planter and I didn't find one like that.

There is a discussion forum on Ebay called Pottery and Glass where the experts hang out. You can post a pic of your planter on there and get really good info usually. They will ask you for a photo of the base, no question about that--the base tells a lot about a pottery or glass piece.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread