20 sliver coins

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Ok, finally got the camera going again. Here are 20 silvers ranging from 1906 to early 60s. Found two of these today and the rest over the past few months. All but two were found at the old swimming hole I detect with True_Metal. He has several silvers too from this site, but I didn't have the camera working right to include his finds. That silver gets you hooked!

Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Great job Bergie! Wish my computer was working correctly so that I could see them better! >:(

I've started a little silver collection myself, but nothing old yet. It'll happen soon I'm sure.

Keep up the good work!
HH,

Moon

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aye, a pic of Bergies plundered loot for all to see, as the silver collection grows steadily. ?

Man, i gotta get me a d-cam and a new puter so i can get some pics up. I want to show that horse bit i found at that encampment site.

Good digs, Phil! 8) We will find that gold mine yet! ?;D

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Thanks for the feedback all. On the dredge, you think we could rent one and about how much would it cost per day? We gotta dredge that site.

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Someone explain how you dredge. Do you dive down with the hose and pull all the stuff up, or can you guide the thing from the surface. This is probably 10 ft or deeper in many areas.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I've got a couple spots I'd love to dredge if I could get a small coin or relic dredge. I've worked them to chest depth and found some nice stuff. Sounds like you have a great site. You'd probably need to submerge to work a 2 or 3" hose at 10" and be effective. Be sure you check your state and local laws on it. I think only a 3" dredge is legal here in Illinois. Good luck and go get it!

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
You can suck up coins and gold with a dredge but if you go with the standard grizzly grates you will damage the coins. You'll need something way softer than sheet metal or aluminum grate. Even hard plastic might ruin your day. Maybe just covering the grates with shag carpet remnants would work. exanimo, ss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread