A beautiful potential site to hunt and explore...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been looking at this terrain just off the highway for the past year, it’s a very interesting area and not so easy to get to. Took an hour to explore it a bit today but it was raining hard. I have looked at maps when the Ice Age thawed and this area across Germany was the first to thaw out, it is on a nice plateau and allowed the early man and woman to cross into western Europe. This area would have been a haven as there are many natural shelters in the form of caves and overhangs. Plan on detecting here sometime soon and searching for Stone Age relics as well.
26May06Weiss1.jpg

A cave to the lower right of the first pic, I can walk into it, has a nice natural chimney. Would love to get in there and dig it out but that would be pushing it.
26May06Weiss2.jpg

This rocky ridge goes on for a long way, awesome formations all along it.
26May06Weiss3.jpg

A nice natural pillar with a balanced rock on it, it was raining really hard at this point.
26May06Weiss4.jpg

After driving along in my Audi sports car, yes I need a 4X4, I came to this stone house built in 1848 and renovated in 2000, probably maintained by a local club. Not sure what or why it’s there but will find out soon. This was a recon of the area, now I know how to get there. Just thought I’d share a potential site. HH, Mike
26May06Weiss5.jpg

Upvote 0

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI MIKE, AWSOME PICS AND HOW MUCH AREA DO EXPECT TO COVER.LOOKS LIKE YOU WILL BE BUSY FOR A WHILE.GOOD LUCK

TINPAN

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice...Looks like something from "Lord of The Rings!!" My kind of place!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW! :o Awesome site pictures! :o

Good luck to ya! And post those finds!

;)

folkert

Feb 10, 2004
Germany
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero Germany
Looks very interesting, good be the ideal place for an abris (paleolithic settlement beneath rocks).

DevilDocST

Apr 22, 2006
Stationed in Okinawa, Japan
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Guten Tag.! How's it going MIKE? nice find, those caves look really interesting.

MIKE, the front & side of that house might be a good place to check out, it reminds me of a jail entrance or cellar entrance to like tunnels. Looks sweet. Please post whatever you find..

HH 8)

MA_Hunter001

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe you found the tomb for the holy grail, or some other crazy templar nights relics...

:o

just kidding :)

Looks cool though. Have fun!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i smell neo-lithic tools .......

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments, hope to post something from there within a few weeks. The stone house is probably a beer cellar or fruit and veggie cellar, possibly a mine maybe just for building stones. Have to wonder why it is so far away from the town, not convenient to get to. Maybe there was an old home site close by. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread