Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not a find. I repaired a computer monitor for a work colleague and wouldn’t accept any cash and it was an easy repair of a bad solder joint so, he gave me this nice German military Tanker cap badge which I accepted. It is a modern day cap badge worn by the German military and I like it, thought I’d share it with you all. Has been terrible weather here in Germany with scattered thunderstorms seemingly every 30 minutes just making it miserable so I haven’t been out in a few days but I do have a few new sites I’ll be detecting when the weather passes. HH, Mike
1June06gerbadge.jpg

Upvote 0

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Nice find, even if you didn't have to use your MD to do it. 100 years from now, who knows what history will say about that pin. When you kid takes it out and looses it in the yard and some metal detector guy comes along and finds it, he will really wonder what the German tank brigage was doing there in 2006........

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi mike. nice find and congrats

tinpan

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
That is a sweet badge! I didnt realize the Germans were still using the Iron cross, thought that went out with the swastika. Maybe they are a bunch of hardcore bikers over there, do you see a lot of choppers in Germany Mike? lol just kidding. ;)

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 176
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 165

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread