5 silvers so far this week

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Just got back from vacation in Ireland ( I will post some pictures eventually) and was itching to get back to detecting ( wife wouldn't let me bring the detector). Memorial day I hit the old faithfull park again to see if I could come up with anything and after many many holes and digging the iffy signals I pulled a few silvers and a few wheats ( top 6 coins ). Last night after work I hit the oldest park in Boise Idaho for a couple of hours and had really good success for me at least. Got my 1st Barber quarter and Nana would be proud my 1st tax token.

I have hit the park in Boise a couple of times before with very little success just one or two wheat pennies. I slowed down a bit more and went with a positive attitude and it seemed to work.

Dimes
1952 D
1944 S (x2)
1912 S

Quarter
1907 D

Pennies
1 Teenie
1 Twenty
1 Thirty
3 Forty
1 Fifty

Attachments

• 1stweekjune06.jpg
    1stweekjune06.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 485
  • barbersfront.jpg
    barbersfront.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 483
  • barbersback.jpg
    barbersback.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 492
Upvote 0

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Good to hear you are back Gabbit! Too bad you couldnt take the machine to Ireland but it looks like you havent lost a step! You still find the silver as always! Angelo has been goin nuts with you being gone, you need to take him to your favorite park & spend some quality time with him! lol Look forward to your posts! ;D

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 447
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 443

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW nice haul there. Sure is nice to find those halfs they just jump out at you. HH Burdie

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job.............Those barbers are so nice to find, plus a trip to Ireland that had to be a nice time . With all the History there , hope you got to swing that detector! :)

edgemano

Apr 11, 2006
ontario NY
;D nice job ! keep digging that silver :o i have found 10 silver coins this year it is still like finding the first peace every time :o

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
awesome stuff gabbit! 5 silvers in one outing would be the best day ever for me!! way to go!

D

doyboy

Hey, buddy, nice finds! How did the Barber quarter read? Was it a junky signal and how deep was it? Keep up the great hunting skills, man!

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Nice bunch-O-silver there Gabbit.Poppin a Barber half out of the ground has got to be a great feeling....One Ive yet to experience, but Im confident...H.H....Joe

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds!!!!
That's a good amount of silver!!!

HH!

Joe

OP
OP
Gabbit

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Mighty AP said:
Good to hear you are back Gabbit! Too bad you couldnt take the machine to Ireland but it looks like you havent lost a step! You still find the silver as always! Angelo has been goin nuts with you being gone, you need to take him to your favorite park & spend some quality time with him! lol Look forward to your posts! ;D

haha -- will have to hit a ghost town with him next week -- think he is more into relics and whatzits, which I enjoy too -- need to get a splitter for headphones so I can just walk beside him and hear what he is hearing.

edgemano said:
;D nice job ! keep digging that silver :o i have found 10 silver coins this year it is still like finding the first peace every time :o

good for you -- I don't know if finding sliver will ever get old -- lots of excitment

doyboy said:
Hey, buddy, nice finds! How did the Barber quarter read? Was it a junky signal and how deep was it? Keep up the great hunting skills, man!

Read as silver once I locked on there were a few junk signals around it, which is probably why it was missed -- believe it was 2/28 digital on the explorer and it was roughly 8 inches down

jopher said:
Nice bunch-O-silver there Gabbit.Poppin a Barber half out of the ground has got to be a great feeling....One Ive yet to experience, but Im confident...H.H....Joe

Keep at it -- it will come

Thanks for the comments all!!

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Gabbit,
GREAT finds. I was in Boise last week, what a beautiful part of the country. I spent a lot of time just driving around. As you might imagine any time I see elevations over 50' it's impressive.
I did take my detector with me and did some detecting around Pearl (ghost town)/ Emmett and Idaho City I didn't find much.
I will be in Austin in a couple weeks and then Houston, I hope I can find some places to go detecting around there.

Good Luck and HH

Baddog

OP
OP
Gabbit

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
BADDOG said:
Gabbit,
GREAT finds. I was in Boise last week, what a beautiful part of the country. I spent a lot of time just driving around. As you might imagine any time I see elevations over 50' it's impressive.
I did take my detector with me and did some detecting around Pearl (ghost town)/ Emmett and Idaho City I didn't find much.
I will be in Austin in a couple weeks and then Houston, I hope I can find some places to go detecting around there.

Good Luck and HH

Baddog

Thanks Baddog -- well next time your in town let me know -- will have to go for a hunt. Did you find the Geo Cache in Pearl?? haha that is some pretty tough hunting ground especially up by the well -- I only found 1 penny there

D

doyboy

The only hunted-out area is one that is concreted over. I was contemplating purchasing an Explorer II after I graduate from Nursing school this coming spring. How much do you like it? Lastly, how long did it take you to learn it? Thanks and Happy Hunting!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Congratulations on your first barber Quarter. :) Some spots you have to really go slow and listen for the iffy stuff. That was what we did this weekend and it worked. ;D

Mirage

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread