Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All you married with children guys know that getting hunting time can be hard to come by. I like to get up at 5:30 and be hunting at 6:00 while everyone is a sleep.I left the house this morning feeling pretty good but chugging coffee to get me going.I meet a couple of buddies and off we went for some relic/coin shooting / what ever we dig up. I am pretty much happy with anything as long as I am away from the TV for a while.I had a pretty good morning,it was a grand day with perfect weather. I found one unreadable coin ,some musket balls ,a few buttons and some other common stuff. It is always great to be doing what you love ! The history is thick over here in Germany and I am enjoying all of the hunting that I can get. Hope all is well and happy hunting to all. :)

Attachments

• Jun03$01buttons.jpg
    Jun03$01buttons.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 447
  • Jun03$02minnies.jpg
    Jun03$02minnies.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 441
  • Jun03$03wrench.jpg
    Jun03$03wrench.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 444
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Glad to see you out early...I often have to resort to that also. The finds are cool...can you figure out what the coin is?

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Germany sure has its share of History.......those are some nice buttons...WTG

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i love early morning hunting, and i dont even have kids! its so much more peacefull at that hour. parks and schools are empty, and there isnt many people around to gawk at you. i try to get out at dawn at least once a week.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always want get up early and go, but it never happens...Maybe I will try again! :) way to go!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
bird,

enjoy getting started with the false dawn.

Nice artifacts, sounds like you had a nice hunt.

have a good un..........

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do the same thing, Bird.
I have a 14 month old son and getting up around 5:30-6:00 on the weekends
sometimes is the only time to get out!!!
But I don't mind...good thing I am a morning person.
Congrats on you finds!!
HH!!

Joe

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice birdman,my coil hasn't touched the ground in a few week's.Went down to Lackland last week to see my son graduate BMT.It's gonna change real soon.Again nice find's and HH!!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good idea but I have one problem with it. My bed only feels good between 3 AM to 7AM. ;D ;D May be I need to change beds. Burdie

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Burdie said:
Sounds like a good idea but I have one problem with it. My bed only feels good between 3 AM to 7AM. ;D ;D May be I need to change beds. Burdie

ahhh and herein lies the problem!! ;D couldnt get my a$$ out of bed this morning myself!! sometimes its easier said that done! ;)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the summer time I get out just at daylight most of the time. I have seen some beautiful sunrises, something that most people miss because of our 9 to 5 mentality. But of course I am retired and have the freedom to do that. Also, it's because of the heat. If I wait until 9:00 or so, I melt down about 11:00. But now I usually wind things up about 9:00 and get back home in time to fix my breakfast and greet my significant other as she gets up. And best of all, I have had 3 hours to hunt with no one around to disturb me. Also, I suffer from insomnia and just can't sleep some nights.....like now, got up at 2:00 AM and will catch a cat nap later. Some of the neighborhoods I have hunted are somewhat dangerous if you're not careful. I am cautious and find that the dopers, thugs and drunks all pass out about daylight and you don't run into them early in the morning. Now that school is out I don't even have to worry about the school buses holding up traffic. And speaking of traffic, there is no traffic problem at 5:00 AM! Monty

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Civilman1, congrats on your son making it through basic. Believe it or not some kids can't even make it through basic. :-\ What school will he be going to? The AF is a great life. My first four years were in the Navy and the AF treats you 99.7%better. Gypsyheart,no clue on the coin. I have a bunch like that .I will keep it soaking and look in a week or to.Sometimes they clean up pretty good .

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Civilman I wish you and your son all the best. I well remember when I graduated BMT at Lackland AFB 44 years ago! My gosh, has it been that long ago? Has he got his orders yet and does he know what he will be training for? 90% of my flight went to Cook School or Air Police. I had to wait ordres for a week and finally went into flight operations which I really liked. Once he gains some rank the AF is a lot like holding a civilian job at least stateside. My first year was kinda' tough what with being an E-1 and having to pull dirty details a lot. Once I made Sergeant it was smoothe sailing most of the time and I actually enjoyed it. Almost stayed in except I thought I was in love with a girl back home. Found out I was only in lust and we parted ways shortly thereafter. ;) The living quarters were always good and so was the chow in the AF. That means a lot in enjoying your time in the military. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread