Train Station

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
Just found the location of a train station that was torn down in the early sixties, all there is now is an overgrown field. Checked with local police, courthouse, library etc. to find out if anyone else has asked about MD laws in
this town, no was the answer. That doesn't mean that no one has checked there before though. I'm going to give it a try this weekend will keep you informed. Has anyone searched old train station sites? What was outcome?

Upvote 0

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good spot since its only a field now. The ground probably wasnt too tore up from the demo, and it hasnt been heavily graded for construction since. Should be coins there as alot of money changed hands at those stations and i'm sure some was lost.

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
wow
you should be able to find all kinds of neat stuff there old luggage tags etc etc endless possibilities

good going

HH-
Mav

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Don't forget railroad locks or anything that has the railroad's inials on it. My friend found one at a site and eventually traded it to a railroad lock collector.
George

OP
OP
B

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
Well I finally made it out to the old train station. I started getting hits right away along what used to be the railroad tracks close to station foundation, all I got was a couple of railroad spikes not in to good of shape. I then
moved over to the foundation with no luck. The ground was very hard although I received more hits I couldn't dig down very far, the ground was like compressed gravel and asphalt, needed a pick axe, my trowel just wasn't doing it. But I did find a new place. An old gas station was just torn down just outside of town and talking to several people in the area it had been there since the 30's, so I know where my next spot will be. I hope you guys had better luck then I did. My time will come, I know it I just have to take my time. HH Bob.B

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe get a small hand pick and go back at it Bob. Persistence pays off sometimes. Dont give up just yet. 8)

oknorom

Sep 17, 2004
Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
i think you'll find that many, many excellent sites require digging through hard-packed dirt.some of my favorite finds were found in lots with lots of trash and the dirt was like concrete. the more i hit it, the more trash i dug up and the finds just got better and better. good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread