Digging the iffy stuff Saturday and Sunday

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
My Son and I went out Saturday and today. We started the day out on Lake Erie(fishing for walleye) but with 5 ft waves and rain we quickly went back in and grabbed the detectors. We have been hunting a school that was built in the late 40's to early 50's. ALL of the silver we have dug from this place has been 6-8" deep. And most of the signals very "iffy". The 40 merc I dug today- I saw a blib of a 30's signal. Was barely even able to pinpoint. The wheat pennies were giving better signals and were about 4-6" deep. My son found a 1924 Wheat. Too bad no D. Glad we got some keepers. :)

Mirage

Attachments

• Silver600.jpg
    Silver600.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 554
  • Totals600.jpg
    Totals600.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 567
Upvote 0

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
sounds like a really fun weekend -- tough choice between the walley fishing and dirt fishing isn't it ? haha gr8 father son team -- wish I lived a bit closer to my own. :o :o

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old schools, those are nice to hunt and being there first is always a nice treat!! Keep in touch ! WTG Seeker

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Nice finds again! look at all that silver and wheaties!! Man!! I apploud you! ;D TO bad we cant get together for a hunt.

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Wow! you guys really cleaned up at the schoolyard this weekend.Great job at getting those whisper signals from the deep silver.Concentration is the key.Keep up the good work. HH!

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going, but you better sharpen your digger after all that. Tsgman

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! that looks like alot of digging. WTG

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I'll bet your son doesn't even mind going to school these days.... :D, now that school is out, of course... Since he is going to read this, he might as well know that, as exciting as all that loot is to find, you still need a good education and a good job, since there is not enough loot there to live on. However, special times together with your dad and good memories will last a life time. Enjoy....... Great Finds!!!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow! That is a lot of digging. :o Great digs!!

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
way cool,, you guys are finding some great spots lately..keep em comin,, ;D ;D
iffy shmiffy,, ;D

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks patersra! (I'm Mirage's son) I know what you mean about education and all, my gpa is just under 4.0, but I love to sqeeze in some time to detect when I can. Thanks all, and HH!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats on the finds. You did good. Depending on soil and sod they can get deep. You guys did very well listening for them. Go slow and try and pinpoint them.

It's like a nice surprize when one comes up that deep. Like you didn't expect it from the signal it was giving.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread