UPDATED PICS MY LAST SILVER OF THE YEAR, AND ITS BIG SILVER!! EXTRA NICE SHAPE!

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
UPDATED PICS MY LAST SILVER OF THE YEAR, AND IT'S BIG SILVER!! EXTRA NICE SHAPE!

Hello everybody! First off, let me wish everyone a Safe and Happy New Year!
Went out with my detecting buddy Digger62918 and we went to a spot we have been trying to detect for about 4-5 months. finally got to hit it and we were finding some wheats and modern coins and then I get this super nice silver signal on my Minelab! the depth meter was showing about 8-10 inches and I'm thinking Deep Iron Because everything else was not super deep. anyway, I dig a plug and nothing, then I take another 3-4 inches out of the bottom of the hole and run my pinpointer and I get a nice solid signal! I move some of the loose dirt and I see the roundness!!! I yelled over to Digger62918 and he comes over and sees the edge shining down in the hole, I popped the whole clod out and I'm thinking "quarter" then I bust the dirt away and he says it's a half!!! I look a little closer and see it's a 1901 plain Barber Half dollar. I am so glad I had someone with me to verify that this is in fact a coin I found and dug, I don't think anyone would have believed this was my last silver of the year otherwise! this coin is that nice! LOL!!! the pics do not do this coin justice! it has super nice details and the only flaws are some handling marks on the face from before it was lost. Ironically, this is my final silver coin for the year, and it is probably my best coin too!! I am ending 2010 with 127 Silver Coins. I made a lot of great finds in 2010, but my best finds were the new friends I've made with the guys from my club! I look forward to more great finds in 2011 and more great times with my detecting buddies!!!

Attachments

• Copy of ScannedImage-4.jpg
    Copy of ScannedImage-4.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,001
  • Copy of ScannedImage-5.jpg
    Copy of ScannedImage-5.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,004
  • 101_5790.JPG
    101_5790.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 248
  • 101_5791.JPG
    101_5791.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 0

jimmatt_43

Feb 2, 2007
Re: MY LAST SILVER OF THE YEAR! AND IT'S BIG SILVER!! EXTRA NICE SHAPE!!!!

Good find Tom,my best of the year was a1939 half.

Digger62918

Sep 28, 2009
Carterville, IL.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro , Fisher CZ-20 , Minelab Explorer SE
Re: MY LAST SILVER OF THE YEAR! AND IT'S BIG SILVER!! EXTRA NICE SHAPE!!!!

I'm glad I was there to see you dig it up, truly an awesome find. It cleaned up really nice, I think its safe to say that you have Coin find of the month in the bag at the next meeting. :laughing7: Congrats on the sweet ending to a fantastic detecting year for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread