Locking in 2010.

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well 2010 is coming to and end. It has been a great year for relic hunting. I have unearthed some very nice things this year and I hope 2011 will be just a good. Well went to the park for a hunt over some ground us metal detectors in town have covered a few times. Had my Ace 250. Put it in all Metal mode and started digging everything. Well I found the usual 3 ringer or two a couple of wheat pennies. Then i had this iron signal about 3 inches underground. I was in a spot where a couple of draped bust coppers were dug this year. Dug down and out came this wonderful old Iron lock. Still had the chain in the hole right next to it. It was really rusted so I brought it home and put it in the Electro tank for about a day and a half. Came out looking real nice. It is real old and I will keep it. Thanks for looking everyone and stay safe out this New Years Eve. Happy New year. Zaxfire69 :thumbsup:

9e3476d2.jpg

c39480be.jpg

P.S.. What do you guys use to preserve iron after you have removed the rust from it???

Upvote 0
OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry .. The chain is still in the electro unit. It connects to the bottom if the lock. Really thin chain.
1d79af2f.jpg

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice looking lock......Matt

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Look closely for markings. Looks like it may be a railroad lock with that chain. They are often marked on the round part on top that opens & closes. Cool find The Adlake lock is likely a railroad lock too. Adams & Westlake co. They made RR lanterns too. I have several.

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. The lock with the chain is the closest I could find to what it looked like. The chain is the same style. The metal is pitted so bad I don't think I could get a name off of it. The railroad track is about 200 yards away. So likely it is a railroad lock. Now which company well that is the mystery. It is a nice piece to find to end the year.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice one!!!! MR TUFF

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest: