Last hunt of 2010 produces a gold coin... or gold jewelery?

Butler

Feb 19, 2009
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!

Attachments

• frnt.jpg
    frnt.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 6,822
  • bak.jpg
    bak.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 6,809
Upvote 0

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ata way to go, Butler :headbang: :headbang: :hello2:. Had you found a gold coin before, or is this your first. Just boot sole drag deep? Any idea how it came to be where it was found? I am kinda an inquisitive hunter--you know holding my find in my hand and trying to visualize how the find ended up there. So what story did you place to it.

Good on ya in 2011

Stryker :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Butler

Butler

Feb 19, 2009
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!
stryker-one said:
Ata way to go, Butler :headbang: :headbang: :hello2:. Had you found a gold coin before, or is this your first. Just boot sole drag deep? Any idea how it came to be where it was found? I am kinda an inquisitive hunter--you know holding my find in my hand and trying to visualize how the find ended up there. So what story did you place to it.

Good on ya in 2011

Stryker :icon_thumright:

Thanks Stryker. I have found gold rings but this is my first gold coin. And technically it was 2 boot sole drags, so maybe about an inch deep! :) And yea I always try to imagine how things end up where they do when I find them. I thik it's part of why we metal detect yes? I think my first thoughts on this were... who is AB / BA? How old was she (Assuming it was a she)? For some reason I imagine a little girl around 10-11 and this part of a charm bracelet given by her father that she lost while playing. Well, you asked! ;D

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A REAL COOL FIND--BRAVO!

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one deserves to be brought up again. Very nice.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Second time I've looked at your love token. To me, it seems that the letter "A" also contains a shorter letter "M" which begins just below the center bar of the letter "B" If so, possibly the person's initials were A.M.B. Or the letter "M" could've been an accidental coincidence of the engraving style.
Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions