Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well we got some warmer weather, ground thawed, rain stopped so I hit a small old park in town. This place is rather trashy, lots of iron.

First coin I found was 1926 wheat, then I got the first indian of the year, and a semi key date to make it even sweeter, 1867.........made my day. :laughing7:

got 2 more wheats, 1944, and 1928, then just before leaving I got the SMOOTH 1889 indian it was an odd signal, 01-32, and DEEP......I about passed it up. Glad I didn't. :thumbsup: Also found the boyscout item, it came in like a pull tab. All items were found in areas I have hunted before in conductive mode, today I ran TTF all day. My hunting partner was also running in TTF and he got an 1865 indian.

01-01-11.jpg

1867IHC1-1-11.jpg

Upvote 0

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Indian! :icon_thumleft:

Steve

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
for a 67' that indian is in beautiful shape. looks like you might have scratched a little though when cleaning. try not to be in a hurry when cleaning, that coin has been in the ground for 140 years, it can wait a few minutes or days to come out clean. try using olive oil in an overnight bath.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HCW said:
for a 67' that indian is in beautiful shape. looks like you might have scratched a little though when cleaning. try not to be in a hurry when cleaning, that coin has been in the ground for 140 years, it can wait a few minutes or days to come out clean. try using olive oil in an overnight bath.
hahahaha.......your funny! I did not scratch it while cleaning! Look at the scrathes they are all green, covered with patina, those are old scratches my friend! I know well how to clean my indians trust me! All I use is warm water and a soft toothbrush. The park is very rocky and this particular indian was in a hole with many rocks. Old scratches that I couldn't do anything about!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be happy with that Indian ! It has a very nice patina on it ! My thought on the scratches is they look to be extraction scratches ! Nice find MaineRelic

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I am glad you both think that, I removed it from the hole covered in dirt and put into a container and into my pouch. I did not scratch it recovering it......thanks for your opinion though

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job Goes. Glad to see Ohio people finding stuff this time of year.

No snow in Dayton area now abut 22 degrees, so I hope the ground with not freeze. Under snow I can dig, but not if the ground is already frozen.

SKD

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
Goes4ever said:
HCW said:
hahahaha.......your funny! I did not scratch it while cleaning! Look at the scrathes they are all green, covered with patina, those are old scratches my friend! I know well how to clean my indians trust me! All I use is warm water and a soft toothbrush. The park is very rocky and this particular indian was in a hole with many rocks. Old scratches that I couldn't do anything about!
Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, I was just trying to help.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HCW said:
Goes4ever said:
HCW said:
Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, I was just trying to help.
help? look to me like you were trying to put me down........you ASSUMED and said " try not to be in a hurry when cleaning, that coin has been in the ground for 140 years, it can wait a few minutes"

I just love it when people post comments like this on people's finds post

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginThePast said:
Nice IH Cent! :icon_thumright: Keep pounding that site. :headbang:
I plan on it, only problem in this park is the ground is mostly clay and full of rocks so only way you can dig there is when it is completely wet ground or it is like digging cement.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Sounds like you're hunting one of the worst conditions for coins: rocks, clay, etc. But you are certainly bringing up the goodies! Hope you find many more, and the wet weather continues to work for you!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Terry,
Very sweet 1867 IH. I have yet to get an IH in the 60's. Ground is still "ok" but not looking too good this week...

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions