Old neighborhood park

S

shamhawks

nice day yesterday and got out for a few hours...started the day off at a big city park that is more like hiking trails and didn't have much luck...did find a cache of 8 pennies...that seems to be the only cache's I ever find. I then went to the soccer field where I have been 2 other times and still probably only have detected about 50% of the place. I have found over $15 in clad on the soccer field, but has good promise as I'm still getting used to my machine and know I'm missing lots of stuff...just yesterday I found 5 nickels...that's seems to be a good sign that I'm getting more used to my machine. The soccer field is teasing me though. I have found 10+ dimes and quarters dated 1965-70...there has got to be some silver here????

I finished off the day at a old neighborhood park just around the corner from my home. Didn't stay here long as I was pretty tired from the day and the back of my neck is fried from the sun...it snuck up on me so didn't even think about sunscreen. The park seems like an area I really have to hit though. only worked about a 10ft area and dug up 7 dimes and many memorials and also a little figurine piece that is in photo...anyone have an idea?...has writing on the base, but can't really make out with my 10x mag

Also got a call back from the city on an old home on 30 acres of land, I asked permission to detect 2 weeks ago. Kind of weird though. The city manager had someone else call me to ask questions on what i have planned and after talking to him for 10 minutes, he still said I would have to wait, as he had to relay all my information to the city manager....lol

Attachments

• P1000138.JPG
    P1000138.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 337
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
cool find ...not sure but looks to be a Jacobite Highlander....and I am saying that because of the tam...cant find a picture, but I dont recall them having a toga like sash around them....

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
gypsyheart said:
cool find ...not sure but looks to be a Jacobite Highlander....and I am saying that because of the tam...cant find a picture, but I dont recall them having a toga like sash around them....
GYPSY, I Was Thinking Along Those Same Lines. trk5capt...

OP
OP
S

shamhawks

thanks, I could see it better with the image I took than I could with my 10x mag glass. I rubbed the base with my finger and it looks like the front base says scot 1 and the back on the base I still can't tell very well but to the best that I can see looks like k93 n 131

What you think, a gamepiece of some sort?

Attachments

• P1000139.JPG
    P1000139.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 305

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever it is it is Definately a Nice Find.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
well....ok ....now that you turned it around...I am sticking with the highlander answer...I think it was a lead soldier that kids played with and its very very cool !

A

Aguila

A few more of those, you can play chess.

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
Beautiful piece, My wife is from Scotland and would freak out if I found something like that. If you interested in selling it email me. It would make a great 25 th anniversary gift, HH Art...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread