old farm

willie3960

May 29, 2006
Long Isliand N.Y.
Detector(s) used
DFX .MXT.
since I started I found lots of modern coins pull tabs an tons of other junk an some neat junk. old coins are hard to find an rare. up till now my oldest coins were 2 mercury dimes both 1918 my only silver coins. 2 Buffalo nickels cant read the dates over 40 wheat backs. 2 weeks ago my hunting partner got us permission to hunt a farm from the 1850s in the town we live. not to many farms left in the middle of Long Island. we hunted the farm after work 6 times only to find modern change an the normal farm relices. this past sunday we went back this time I went to the back into 3ft tall wet grass hard to swing an dig the hard work paid off I found 3 of my oldest coins yet 3 indian heads 1901 1900 1898 I know its not much but it showed me that hard work old sites learning my eguipment that there are old coins out there to be found. it was very discourging reading the finds from all the other treasure hunters. but I know after reading this forum that most of you have paid your dues an dont find silver an gold every time thats what kept me thinking Im not lucky I have to pay my dues an learn my equipment. yesterday after work went to the old farm fore 1 hour found 1902 barber dime . Now im starting to get excitied cant wait to go back. now I have to learn how to post pictures. thanks guys for letting me ramble on Im sure my wife tired of listening . she wants me to go to the beach to look for rings go figure.

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
W,

sounds like some real nice coins.

Pick up any artifacts.

Looking forward towards some pics when
you are able.

have a good un...........

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta see those pictures!! :o Sounds like you are doing great! I love to hunt the old farm sites but let me tell ya...you really have to play hard to get the keepers there....

Awesome finds Willie!

Nana ;)

PS.....you don't have to talk about your finds with the wife much anymore.....that's what we're here for.....my hubby hates to listen to my adventure stories! :D

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Nice work, Willie! Congrats on that barber! There could still be more there.... Take a weed-whacker, maybe.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job!!! Congrats on the older coin.......and next time out you may find even older ones! WTG

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nice digs Willie
pretty soon you'll have a bin full of keepers!
Best of luck, keep it going! Congrats!

Smiles!
BDoo

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nice finds and congrats on the silver. Nana is correct...the reason we all band together ,is because we never get tired of hearing about others finds....even pulltabs! ;)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's the spirit, Willie. We'll listen to your "ramblings" anytime. Just remember that! ;)

It sounds like you've found a great place to hunt. It was smart not to give up on it. Congratulations on the old coins. :)

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Welcome to the Forum Willie. It sounds like the research has paid off for you .That old farm site is producing some excellent finds.Congrats on the older Indian Heads and the Barber dime! Best of luck to you on your return hunts.Just getting out hunting is most of the fun even if you don't make such great finds. HH!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mow the grass!!!!!!!! Weed wack the grass!!!!!!!!!!Go get the old stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

Mag99004

Great finds, and thanks for sharing. I'm also new to coin shooting, I picked up an X 2 and a XL Pro and have only been at it about 2 months. It's nice to hear I'm not the only one who's been discouraged at times. Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread