Ace 250 came today!!! and a question about Indian Heads

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
My Ace 250 arrived today but I can't try it out till sometime tomorrow (working tonight). Anyway, just was wondering what target display Indian Head pennies would show up under? Would they be under penny display or 10 cent (since they are older than 1982 or whatever) Just would like to know so I do not discriminate them or older coins out. Oldest found was 1929 Wheat penny but obviously would like to get older.

Thanks in advance
Funkman

Upvote 0

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Funkman, an Indian Head shows up under the penny/cent id. I just tested one to make sure.

OP
OP
funkman

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
Thanks Pennyworth. I'm hoping to find at least one in an area that I am currently searching. Same area I found the 1929 Wheat and a 1941 Mercury Dime.

Funkman

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
I found one Indian Head last year close to where I live. It was badly corroded though,the ground wasn't kind to it at all. But I still found it. :D Good luck and I hope you find several Indian Head cents. Also, you will love the Ace 250, but at first I had a VERY difficult time pinpointing with it. The only thing that helped me was all of the posts here which expalined where the hot spot was in my coil. Good luck and happy hunting. :)

OP
OP
funkman

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
Pennyworth,

Where is that "hot spot"? I saw a post on another (blasphemy) forum that showed where the target will be under the coil for shallow coins (1-2"). It pretty much was right under the front of the inner coil. Is this what you are mentioning, or is there something else? If there is can you tell me how to find the "hot spot"?

Thanks again..

Funkman

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Funkman........one thing about indian heads is they hit a little different , Depending on the depth the shallow ones will hit in the penny range ...But the deeper ones are sometimes a question.....plus the soil conditions will be a factor....So try to get use to the deeper targets and know the sounds that they produce! Good luck!

OP
OP
funkman

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
thanks for the responses Seeker and Eric. Will post what I find with it.

Funkman

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
funkman said:
Pennyworth,

Where is that "hot spot"? I saw a post on another (blasphemy) forum that showed where the target will be under the coil for shallow coins (1-2"). It pretty much was right under the front of the inner coil. Is this what you are mentioning, or is there something else? If there is can you tell me how to find the "hot spot"?

Thanks again..

Funkman

Funkman, on my Ace 250, the spot is center right of the coil. But yes you have the right idea, and you will find out shortly where your coil is pinpointing the target best.

Pennyworth

Silverseeker

Nov 25, 2004
Indian Wells Valley, CA
I wouldn't count out the pull tab zone for Indian heads. Most of the one's I've dug have been in the zinc penny range, but some have been lower on the VDI...closer to pull tab range. I don't own an Ace 250, but be aware that not all will VDI the same.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread