Fist week first Wheat

SPONNIE73

Jun 1, 2006
Hanover, PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Nautilus 2B, F75 LTD
Metal detecting is harder than I thought. I was having a very hard time digging empty holes chasing ghost signals. So I turned a section of my yard into a medal detecting test site. I buried 4 different coins and 5 different types of metal. I went to work with my ACE 250 and tried every mode and setting I could come up with. I would recommend all newcomers, like myself, do this type of test.
Today I went back out detecting and found my first 1948 Wheat along with quarters, a dime, nickels, and pennies. I was digging all signals and most of the time I knew it was trash before I starting digging. The wheat was 6 inches, exactly what the 250 said.

God Bless
Mike

Attachments

• 6-9-06 METAL DET.JPG
    6-9-06 METAL DET.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 244
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good work Mike! That's a great way to learn the unit...you'll get better and better every time you go out. Nice Finds!

HH!
TBGO

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE FINDS AND I LIKE THE IDEA OF GOING M.DING IN WORK TIME.I USE EVERY EXCUSE TO GET OFF WORK TO GO M.DING.THE BOSS DON,T LIKE IT MUCH BUT I GET AWAY WITH IT.THE BOSS IS MY WIFE AHAHH

TINPAN

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds .. Beautifull coins you got there

USTiger

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes ! your right , it's not as easy as it looks. But like anything else you do !!!! What you put into it is what your going to get out of it! What is nice about this hobby is you can hunt a number of different places , Beaches , parks, your own yard, along streams, or even those old Cellar holes. There are just plenty of places and finding them and being patient when detecting is one important parts of this hobby which will lead to some of the nice finds in your outings........! just have a good time and keep on digging!

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Good work Mike! That is a great way to learn your machine.

Years ago I used to bury silver coins all over my yard and then wait a year and then try and find them. lol When you know you have silver out there you don't give up. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread