Copper,copper,copper,copper,SLAG..copper, BINGO!

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
Had a good couple of days' searching. Hit the lot near work where a store had burned down about 5 years ago, within 10 seconds found a 5 foot section of copper water line. Went to the park, found a copper pipe elbow, 8 copper cents (Pre-1982) and my 2nd wheat, a 1945. had a good, solid hit, dug for 20 minutes,found a lump of SLAG the size of a bowling ball! The hazard of living near the Steel City- lots of waste product from the mills. Today, went to middle school, found $0.55 clad and a 12"x14" piece of copper flashing. Wanted to try searching some beehive coke ovens near the railroad, so I pulled off the road onto a path that leads to them. Started down, but underbrush is so thick I gave up before I got anywhere near the ovens. On the way back up the path, hit a BINGO! A pile of old bingo chips, a tiny pocketknife, and 26 pennies, all in a 2 foot area. Was a good hunt!

Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
take in all that copper to a dealer.....lol

HH
-GC

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recyclers down here are giving $2.60 a pound for copper. I'm tearing up every junk electric motor, old console TVs, anything electronic I come across at work. I just turned in 92 lbs of aluminum cans that I dug metal detecting and found around work. At 50 cents a pound that's 46 bucks. Good finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions