Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a ring made for my wifeā€™s birthday from 14K (585) gold rings I have found. The ring matches the earrings I had made for Valentineā€™s day, all with diamonds I had to buy extra. I designed it using several other pre made rings worth $800-1200 but my ring is a little thicker and heavier in gold. The ring has a .03KT diamond and two small blue sapphires, too bad I havenā€™t found any diamond rings. How would you like to find this, LOL? Itā€™s a nice way to use your gold wedding ring finds that canā€™t be returned.
9June06Pring1.jpg

Another view of the ring. On the detecting side, my last 6-7 hours of detecting havenā€™t been great with just a few coins, an intact ox harness and a womanā€™s Swiss made cheapo wristwatch. Hope to get out today.
9June06Pring2.jpg

The 585 (14K) stamp in the middle, a 3 left for .03Kt diamond and right is the Goldsmithā€™s hallmark. HH, Mike
9June06Pring3.jpg

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring Mike. Having jewelry made from what can't be returned is better than selling it off for dollars just so you can waste it on gasoline.

I had a ring made from wedding bands I took into a jeweler and they made a ring that weighed less than the total weight of what I brought in for material and even wanted me to pay extra for the gold. When all was said, they refunded me money in front of a bunch of other customers.

Don't wear any rings when you detect.

Take care,
Sandman

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
Hi, Way to go. Bet your wife was happy. All the jewelry I wear was made from gold and silver finds too. My Dad and I had gotten into jewelry casting ourselves because of the HIGH prices jewelers charge. The avatar of the belt buckle I wear was designed and made by me out of Sterling silver.

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Very well done -- that's why the wife continues to let you detect :) -- on another note an honest jewler is a hard thing to find -- my wife had a period where she went ring crazy --had a jewler set a .33 ct diamond and two .1 ct rubies into another setting -- they took her natural rubies and used created rubies -- big mistake because the wife knows her stone. Know your jewlery before you take it in!! -- take pics etc..

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...you should have gone with more "luckey" gold considering the luck of the previos owners...

HH
-GC

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a few gold rings inland but mostly hunt lake beds in the fall and the occasional sandy beach. I have a few swim lakes that are drained for winter, makes for an awesome hunt detecting where 5' of water was although, I prefer relic hunting, hard to pass these finds up, LOL! I paid around $180.00 to have the ring made but its worth around $600.00, that figure comes from some of the rings I used as examples but they had bigger diamonds. My wife's birthday is in two weeks so she hasn't seen the ring, don't tell, LOL! HH, Mike

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Idea Mike.
it Looks great too.

Thanks for Showing us.

Jeff