Newbie going on first hunt!!!!

bennyg23

Greenie
Jan 6, 2011
North Eastern Arizona
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70, Fisher F5
Just received my 1st MD last night!!!
About 6 weeks ago I decided to sell off all of my bass guitar gear and invest in this hobby that I've been interested in since I was a kid. I have been reading on this forum (thanks for all of the great posts) and the web trying to make a good informed decision on what detector to buy. Well after many weeks of contemplation, I went with a Lobo S/T. After all, I live in AZ and wanted a great gold machine and a good coin and relic machine. I think I made the right choice, I'm packing up my youngest boy as I write this and we're heading out on our first hunt. I live in a town of about 3000 people and it was settled in about 1870 by the Mormon pioneers. But before that there have been ancestors of the Spanish that came through here back in the 1400's along with the Navajo, Hopi, and the Apaches.
I had to laugh though, on my way to the post office to pick up the detector, I saw a guy detecting one of the school fields. I found this ironic because after talking with some old timers from around here, they had mentioned not seeing ANYBODY detecting since the 80's. What's the chance? Anyways plenty for the two of us. I'll post my finds, if I get that lucky, we're headed to an old homesite (with permission) built in about 1895 and nothing but cattle on there since about 1975.

Wish me luck....
Bennyg23

Upvote 0

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer
Welcome and congratulations!

keep at it and you love it.

Cheers

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Roland58 said:
Welcome Benny! You will find a plethora of information and great folks here. I think it is great that you and your son are doing this together! He will never forget the 'good times' with dad!! Great finds for a first hunt....a lot more than I got!!

P.S. txconservative, no offense lady, but, you
need a new avatar, that one is too washed out
and too much of your 'pretty' doesn't show!

Flattering! ;)

jrandy

Jan 13, 2010
San Angelo TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett GPT 1350, Predator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNET , get to know your machine . It may take weeks, but hang in there and you gonna find the stuff. After the first silver or gold your gonna be hooked (it's worse than crack) lol. GOOD HUNTIN :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread