Silver hat trick!!

Dreamweaver43

May 25, 2006
Wisconsin
I ventured back to the spot where I got my first merc last weekend. Instead of working over the same area, I ventured into the woods behind the spot. It looks like at one time it was probably not wooded. Almost immediately I hit a twin'40 merc almost identical to the one I got last week, probably only 2 inches down. I was getting annihilated by the mosquitoes so I got out of there and moved to a different spot on the same site I had not worked. Bang, another '24 merc!! Really shallow also? I was like, whoa!!

I dug some clad, and then decided to try a baseball field in the same park. The junk there was terrible, but I managed a couple wheats ('41 &'45). Then in the middle of bottlecap alley I got an unmistakable coin signal. Down on the ground I go and out pops a silver '44 quarter. My first silver quarter!!

Not a bad morning for me! I doubt anyone has run a machine over the woods area I spoke of earlier. I'll wait till fall when it thins out, there has to be more goodies there. (If I can wait that long?)

I'm getting my explorer II dialed in. It's a great machine once you figure out the sounds! Literally screams SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamweaver

Attachments

• silver hat trick.jpg
    silver hat trick.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 214
Upvote 0

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Nice silver finds Dreamweaver, I beleive you are getting that machine dialed in!!! I know there is more silver coming..........look forward to your next find! ;D

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 219
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 216

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
very nice,,,,,,,,,, i would go back right now !!!!!!!!!! what if someone else finds the spot..you never know..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread