Found some clad and wheats(and Ticks).. Old Drive In

midnightguy

May 20, 2006
Upstate NY
Well just recently got started in this hobby and I'm hooked.. though I haven't found too much yet I'm out there every weekend. Still working out all the settings on my Whites 5900SL but its a nice detector.. Scoped out an old Drive In theater Sunday that closed in 1990. Part of the lot has been turned into a large wearhouse but most of the parking area is still there. The lot has turned into a soggy field of grass and small bushes. Since there has been so much rain I decided to stick to the perimeter road that went around the parking areas. In about two hours all I came up with were four clad dimes and one nice wheat penny from 1945. Also managed to pick up two nice wood ticks for my trouble as well. Lucky for me I found them before they had dinner.. (Whew) Anyway, I have to do some more research as to where the playground and concession stand were. Unfortunately when the Drive In closed absolutely everything was removed. They did however leave the usual ungodly amount of pulltabs though...

Attachments

• md 2.jpg
    md 2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 243
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and have fun, it's a great hobby! HH, Mike

M

mchamby

It's a good start, I think I found just a quarter and 2 or 3 pennies the first time I went out. Keep it up and one of these days you will get a nice pretty silver surprize. ;) :D HH
Mchamby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread