VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was overcast, damp, and a cold feeling 35 degrees in Tennessee today and it didn't get any warmer. I fed some cattle on my farm and left just after daylight to meet Josh and hunt Col. Allison's C.S.A. Cavalry Camp and East picket post. Dman is still on i.r. (injured reserve) and chomping at the bit to go hunting-especially after today-LOL.
We started in the woods at the picket post that a friend of ours discovered in the 1970s. We immediately started digging percussion caps and soon got bored with them. Some clumsy Confederate Soldier apparently dropped his cap tin or cap box there. We recovered a few round balls and moved back to the camp hill where we found the iron items and carbine bullets on Monday. We dug a few more iron pieces including the nice bridle bit that Josh found and decided to split up and scout the camp perimeter. I bet we dug 30 full horseshoes or pieces today as they are abundant there. Josh dug a couple of fired Enfields and I ventured over to another hill overlooking a large pond. I got a "92" reading on the F75 display and thought it may be a can. It had a very sweet tone and was 5 inches deep . I was pleasantly surprised to see a large silver coin in the clod and hoped it was CW period. It turned out to be the 1900 Barber Half Dollar in the last pic.
I caught up with Josh who drooled all over my coin and remarked how Dman would love that one. We returned to the picket post hill and Josh discovered a few spots with campfire lead where he dug more bullets including a triangle base. He dug the world record cotter pin that he is holding with his bridle bit in the 2nd pic. It's 6 inches long. Attn. Nana-Here's a pic of me holding the half dollar in the third pic.
We hunted about 5 hours in total but were thankful we could get this hunt in before tomorrow's snow. I gave my CW relics to Josh for his display and kept the Barber Half-LOL. Thanks for looking and HH from Dman, Josh, and myself in Tennessee.

Attachments

• C.S. Camp 1-19-11.jpg
    C.S. Camp 1-19-11.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 918
  • Josh at C.S. Camp 1-19-11.jpg
    Josh at C.S. Camp 1-19-11.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 911
  • Quindy with 1900 Barber H. Dollar.jpg
    Quindy with 1900 Barber H. Dollar.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 908
  • !900 Barber Half Dollar dug by Quindy 1-19-11.jpg
    !900 Barber Half Dollar dug by Quindy 1-19-11.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 913
Upvote 0

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real nice finds 1266 ! I would really like to go on a CW relic hunt some day ! I can see why Dman is in a hurry to get back into the game ! Nice big silver ! MaineRelic

KRAZYHORSES

Aug 17, 2010
awesome hunt !! you guys are lucky !! my hunting bud and i sit over here and talk about hunting going to pop for some new detectors and wandering about the f75 sounds like an awesome machine i have a question if you could help with it please pm me thanks scott

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of finds! I cant wait to get out have not been yet this year. HH! :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Q-
This post was going real well until I got to that third picture. Is that a rare Quindy sighting I see there? :tongue3: :laughing9:
WAY TO GO BUDDY!!! That is one nice hunk of silver you got there. :thumbsup: The F75 has done you well. :hello2:
Have you dug any other silver halves or silver dollars in your 100 year detecting career? :icon_scratch:

You two did very well today. Congrats to both of you guys. You deserve some nice finds for being out in the cold.

-Dug-
P.S. Wait until Nana gets hold of your photo and works her magic on it. :tongue3: :laughing9: By the way, Elvis called and he wants his glasses back. ;D

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look's like a Great day for you and Josh there Quindy :icon_thumright: I hope that perimeter keep's moving farther and farther out for you guy's.Looking at some snow here possibly on Fri. ourselve's.......Man I can't wait for some easy diggin' :thumbsup:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Q-
This post was going real well until I got to that third picture. Is that a rare Quindy sighting I see there? :tongue3: :laughing9:
WAY TO GO BUDDY!!! That is one nice hunk of silver you got there. :thumbsup: The F75 has done you well. :hello2:
Have you dug any other silver halves or silver dollars in your 100 year detecting career? :icon_scratch:

You two did very well today. Congrats to both of you guys. You deserve some nice finds for being out in the cold.

-Dug-
P.S. Wait until Nana gets hold of your photo and works her magic on it. :tongue3: :laughing9: By the way, Elvis called and he wants his glasses back. ;D

:laughing9: :laughing9: Doug is a funny dude. Congrats Quin, anyday you get some Civil War relics and Silver to boot, is a good'un. :icon_thumleft: :wink:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Quindy , You and Josh are getting some good hunts & finds out of those Tennessee hills , I like the bridle and the big silver :thumbsup: that CSA plate is out there somewhere .. hope you get one 8) daWg

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds guys! :icon_thumright:
At least you're digging in January!
Love the bridle bit and the Barber Half! :o

Dave

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You boys know me too well. :D You know that I couldn't resist that opportunity, Q. ;D

With......
Quindy Brad coin2.jpg

.......OR without those hot glasses? :wink:

brad-pitt---quindy1.jpg

OH...and you know Nana loves that big silver too!! 8) You two had a great hunt! :icon_pirat: Keep that snow up there! We don't want it! :-X :D

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok this was a serious hunt and very good finds. You know your machine is working when you are digging percussion caps. Nice looking silver.. But really are seriousness aside Nana is pretty funny. :laughing9:
HH
TnMtns

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Great finds, and a big silver... sweet!!!

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a great hunt you 2 had. That Barber half is sweet. Congrats!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nana40 said:
You boys know me too well. :D You know that I couldn't resist that opportunity, Q. ;D

With......

.......OR without those hot glasses? :wink:

OH...and you know Nana loves that big silver too!! 8) You two had a great hunt! :icon_pirat: Keep that snow up there! We don't want it! :-X :D
Thanks a heap Nana. I prefer ther Hank Jr. look but Kathy likes the second pic-LOL. I'll be glad when MM and Dman get their own cable comedy show (a good title would be Two Diggin' Dummies) so I can turn them OFF-LOL. Snow in Bama-Nah!!. HH, Quindy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread