Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a downtown park today, one that has be gone over a bazillion times, but, I know there is still much to be had. Today was fun and another learning experience......I figured out how to pick a nickel out of an infestation of tabs, this F75 is so incredible. I love it. Anyway, getting back on topic, I found my third piece of James Avery silver. Here it is just rinsed off, not polished yet:

0127112avery.jpg

Only had a couple of hours, but, managed to pull 3 quarters, 6 nickels, 6 dimes, 20 zincolns (most of which should have been dimes!), small chrome BB, chrome pin retainer, #2 mailbox number and two copper crosses.

0127111.jpg

I dug everything that was 20 or over......still no gold, but, I KNOW it is out there waiting for me!!

Upvote 4

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Ring.

For those of you who don't know who James Avery is, he was a Born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and raised in the Chicago area, James Avery was first introduced to the scenic Texas Hill Country, by way of the U.S. Air Corps. Cadet Avery landed in San Antonio.

James completed pilot training and commanded a B-26 bomber, surviving 44 missions over Germany. After World War II, he attended the University of Illinois and received a B.F.A. in Industrial Design. He pursued college level teaching, and while at the University of Colorado, he explored jewelry-making techniques with his students. In 1950, he thought about leaving the teaching profession. It was also about this time that he returned to the church after years of being a defensive agnostic.

“My renewed Christian commitment, along with my new decision to leave teaching, led to a new direction in my life. This is the reason so much of my work is Christian symbolism.”

In 1954, James spent the summer in Kerrville, Texas along with his wife, visiting his in-laws. “It was during this time that I decided to go into business.”

“I worked alone for three years. Ideas, plenty of hard work and prayers (not necessarily in that order) were the rule of each day.” Word spread and people found their way to the craftsman in the hills. Each one who came would be greeted personally and with cordial gratitude. It was in this setting that strong and lasting customer bonds developed, those on which this company would grow and build upon for over half a century.

Custom jewelry built by a man with good ethics and morals

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Beautiful - Love James Avery, I have many of his pieces.

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring and other nice finds! I found a similar ring a few years ago at a local park here in northeastern Oregon. Is there some identifying mark that will show that it is a James Avery ring? I didn't notice any when I found it. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread