another silver ring, wheats, endless pocket spill

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
Yay! another ring for my collection. I have about reached the silver to gold ratio to be due a nice gold ring. woo-hoo. 925 ear ring with a fake diamond. 4 wheats (1936, 1945, 1947, 1956). token. 2 pretty blue rocks. Now the pocket spill. there are over 179 pennies in that pile. 82 came from one pocket spill. At first I was excited until I realized that none of them were old pennies and seriously, I didn't get them all. I just got tired and left them for another day. what in the world happened? how does somebody lose over 82 pennies in one spot at the lake? and, why for the love of pete, can't it be a wheatie or silver spill?

Attachments

• 1.30 003.JPG
    1.30 003.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 688
Upvote 0

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are doing great! Enjoy the lake while you can---think it might freeze over later this week. You amaze me in the water. I only find pulltabs, weights and fishing hooks. :P

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of finds , like the silver ring :icon_thumright:
Glen

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
It looks like somebody lost a few rolls of pennies. Thing is a littel or a lot but they all spend brother :icon_thumleft:

Ace Villa-v

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know Iskuli, that scenario happened to me once at an older elementary school around the outside eating area. I dug so many pennies I actually quit digging them. Funny thing is, they were all copper Memorials from 1959-1981, no zincs...no wheats either. Weird.

OP
OP
Iskuli

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
baylorhall - i know, tuesday sleet and snow in north texas. boo! I did finally find a gold ring today. I will post it tomorrow after I clean my other finds. It's been hard this year with the lake being up. I can't keep hunting the same ole' places, so I've been working some old spots.

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I have seen places where people dumped loaded cigarette ashtrays including the pennies they put into it. I know I have kept large amounts of pennies in my ashtray, since it is not used for any other purpose. Nice to know you can return to get them at will.

Nice ring as well.

Keep swinging...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread