I am finally a member of the Historic Metal Detecting team Video included
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
    88 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

I am finally a member of the Historic Metal Detecting team Video included

Last November the team was started just a few weeks before the cold set in what they do is hunt special never hunted lands out here on the East end , in the link i provided check out the Finds link amazing finds in a few short weeks by a few people , all the sites to hunt are legal by the owners the money generated by each hunt goes to the restoration of Historic sites .
    I cant wait until Spring for our first hunts untouched virgin land fields meadows woods and beaches all private owned . Feel free to look over the link and HH Jim

http://www.artifactdetectingteam.com/Mission.html

scroll down to see the video in the above link or try this

Finds link
    http://www.artifactdetectingteam.com/Finds.html
    If Mother Earth give,s us precious metals like gold silver copper and iron why leave them in the ground to disappear forever , dig them out and save History !!

4-12-2011 Retired from the Rat Race by Choice

us
    Nov 2005
    Ohio
    Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
    43 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: I am finally a member of the Historic Metal Detecing team Video included

Wow, do I envy you guys. I would love to belong to your group. What a magnificent site to
    hunt. To give back to the Historical Organization is fantastic and good PR for our hobby.

HH, Ringfinder
    Bluffton, Ohio
    Minelab GPX 4500, Nautilus IIB, ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Depth Pro, Fisher 1235, Fisher F-75, Minelab Explorer II, X-terra 70

us
    Aug 2010
    Colorado
    bounty hunter big bud pro
    96 times

Looks like a fun place! Congrats
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life

us
    Aug 2010
    2 times

nice hope you have lot of finds to raise funds enjoy the hobby and spend some time for your own collection scott
    BOTTOMLESS HOLE

us
    Jun 2010
    athens, tennessee
    white's and explorer se pro
    28 times

congrats and keep up the good work

gb
    Jan 2011
    Old Hampshire
    Minelab Explorer

Sounds like a great opportunity. I hope you are able to locate some interesting relics. I can see the original Southampton on a clear day from my hunting grounds here in the uk.
    good luck with the project and HH.

Great video. Good Luck! "The Hogge"
    1783 CFT. KG III 1/2 Penny (25-83A)-1 of 3 known *Sold $3,750, Vermont Landscape Coppers Ryder 6 *Sold $760, Ryder7 (Avatar)** Sold $1,275*,1st Batt Royal Artillery Cartridge Box Sling Belt Tip* SOLD $1,583*,(3)- GW Inaugural Buttons-2-Cobb# 17-J.* Sold both--$405 and $400. *GW Button Cobb 17-I-*Sold $316- New Jersey Copper M14-J Sold $125- Continental Army Button *Sold $800--** British 31st ROF Cartridge Box Plate** SOLD!! (PRIVATE AMOUNT), Vermont Ryder-3 *$1200...To be continued

us
    Sep 2008
    East Coast
    Metrotech
    129 times
    Banner Finds (2)

If the people swinging detectors in the video don't slow down and lap their passes they are only covering about 10% of the area they are working. There is a lot more stuff being left than being recovered.

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    88 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Curious The George
    If the people swinging detectors in the video don't slow down and lap their passes they are only covering about 10% of the area they are working. There is a lot more stuff being left than being recovered.
    I noticed that also come Spring ill meet those guys and gals and watch iam sure most of the grounds will be covered if not ill find it with my Sov.GT no relic is safe hiding with that
    If Mother Earth give,s us precious metals like gold silver copper and iron why leave them in the ground to disappear forever , dig them out and save History !!

us
    Sep 2008
    East Coast
    Metrotech
    129 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Deepdiger60
    I noticed that also come Spring ill meet those guys and gals and watch iam sure most of the grounds will be covered if not ill find it with my Sov.GT no relic is safe hiding with that
    Good luck hunting. As I see it that group has exclusive access to a lot of very good sites. I may misunderstand exclusive but that is the impression I get from the video presentation. If you don't have to worry about nighthawks or snipers on the properties you have no need to rush. Work those sites slow and easy and don't let anything get by. One way to show the difference is to go back to a place that they have "hunted" already.

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    88 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Deepdiger60
    Good luck hunting. As I see it that group has exclusive access to a lot of very good sites. I may misunderstand exclusive but that is the impression I get from the video presentation. If you don't have to worry about nighthawks or snipers on the properties you have no need to rush. Work those sites slow and easy and don't let anything get by. One way to show the difference is to go back to a place that they have "hunted" already.
    Exactly i like to work a area in both directions north south and then east west so on so on much better chance of not missing much , and like you said these will be weekend hunts and there is no hurry we do have week day hunts also not as many people either wouldn't mind doing a entire field my self .

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    88 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER
    Quote Originally Posted by rosehill1550
    Sounds like a great opportunity. I hope you are able to locate some interesting relics. I can see the original Southampton on a clear day from my hunting grounds here in the uk.
    good luck with the project and HH.
    Welcome to Tnet, your in a great spot

I agree on the great opportunity, its something the UK have done for many years, glad its catching on in the US. Both parties will learn & benefit
    Ditto on that there is 1 rule all must go by any American Indian Artifacts must be turned over to the Southampton Historical council anything else we can keep or turn over if we want Jim

us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    129 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Re: I am finally a member of the Historic Metal Detecting team Video included

The video is done very well Jim. I am proud to see a group so dedicated in preserving history. Keep up the fantastic work guys.

Oct 2006
    141 times

I did the first weekend hunt.It was a great time and a lot of real nice finds.The only issue was the planted winter grass was real high and made swinging in a lot areas very hard.I will do one of the hunts next spring for sure and being plowed farmland,new stuff will be brought up every season.

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    88 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by LI Tom
    I did the first weekend hunt.It was a great time and a lot of real nice finds.The only issue was the planted winter grass was real high and made swinging in a lot areas very hard.I will do one of the hunts next spring for sure and being plowed farmland,new stuff will be brought up every season.
    That is good to hear Tom ill be seeing you in the Spring hopefully its a early one , looks like everyone did well Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links